You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tonight's Takeaway

Carvalho Diablo

I live up a very steep hill. I'm trying to figure out the heaviest possible order for some Deliveroo cunt to deliver for below minimum wage. Then I'll send my four year old to the door to receive it so I don't have to pay a tip.

* Granted, none of this will transpire. But I've had a shit day and hate the fucking world...

Never had a calzone. What's the story?

As Josef mentioned, it's a pizza folded in two, with the edges then folded over to hold all the toppings inside. It keeps the inside really moist, but allows the top layer of dough to dry out a bit, meaning you can get a bit of purchase with your teeth and eat it like the world's largest pasty.

• Upvote 1

As Josef mentioned, it's a pizza folded in two, with the edges then folded over to hold all the toppings inside. It keeps the inside really moist, but allows the top layer of dough to dry out a bit, meaning you can get a bit of purchase with your teeth and eat it like the world's largest pasty.

In fairness, a good calzone is a wondrous thing. But I haven't had one in years.

In fairness, a good calzone is a wondrous thing. But I haven't had one in years.

I'm obviously lucky, as my local Italian restaurant seems to be decent at them. Thinking about heading there for my birthday meal next month, as I've always wanted to try some different pasta dishes.

It reminds me of a sketch i saw somewhere may have been the Simpsons.

In a Mexican restaurant and the food comes. Customer complains saying this is a Burrito and I ordered an Enchilada.

Waiter apologises, leans across and unfolds the burrito spins it around and folds it the other way.

There you are sir.

Much better thank you.

It reminds me of a sketch i saw somewhere may have been the Simpsons.

In a Mexican restaurant and the food comes. Customer complains saying this is a Burrito and I ordered an Enchilada.

Waiter apologises, leans across and unfolds the burrito spins it around and folds it the other way.

There you are sir.

Much better thank you.

That was Billy Connolly, off one of his stand-up shows.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Woke up ravenous after a night on the piss. Haven't eaten a thing in almost 24 hours so I'm now planning to order a humongous dirty pizza at tea time, something dripping with tomato, peppers and spicy meats.

Until then it'll be feet up with coffee and biscuits watching the unmentionable.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Repped for complaining about food. What is wrong with it? Mingebag portion?

Tiny portions T', that box thing in the middle cost six notes and those parmo's are smaller than my cock. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stouffer said:

Tiny portions T', that box thing in the middle cost six notes and those parmo's are smaller than my cock. 

I wouldn’t be happy. I’d expect the “cheese box” to be full. I’ve never had a Parmo, but I understand it’s a chicken breast. One of those would be ok as a starter!

• Upvote 1