You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions league omens!

niallers

We've got a good chance, especially if we "welcome" them to Anfield in the right way. But it's a pisser about the rest of the draw though, all the best teams kept apart so it's only likely to get harder if we do get through.

Plus the derby in between, so we're playing Wednesday, Sunday and the second leg on Tuesday.

That's tough.

That is fucking horrendous - we can't afford to rest anyone in the derby and our results when playing 3 games in a week this season have been ropey too....high octane 2nd leg as our 3rd game in the week could get messy!

• Downvote 1

I’m not one for conspiracy theories but it’s very convenient for UEFA that City, Bayern, Barca and Real were all kept apart.

This is the worst draw for us for a number of reasons. For a start it’s boring. If we are going to get knocked out or go through I’d much prefer to be playing a big European side for the experience. Secondly I think we are more likely to beat a foreign team. I think we would shock a lot of if not all the good sides left in. They’re all used to just camping out in the opposition half and belting teams. With our press I think we would rattle any of them.

It just feels inevitable we will go out to them. They’re too good and I think they will win the competition. Our best chance would have been a one off game. Their class will show over two legs.

The positive for me is that it’s the away leg second. Everyone is talking about how they’re gutted it’s not the other way around. I get that Anfield for a second leg would create a brilliant atmosphere and it’s got us over the line in a lot of big games over the years but for me the first leg will be low scoring and I think it will become a free for all in the second leg because of the pressure on both defences. Being away in that game with away goals will be a big advantage.

We ultimately we would rather have this 'problem' than be on the outside looking in.

The fixture scheduling is fucking terrible though with derby on sun and 2nd leg tues and I dare say the tv paymasters won't help us...so we'll have to deal with it...better to be in it, just wish we jad drawn one of the european sides and in all honesty any of them at that.

• Upvote 1