You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 10th March - Man Utd vs Liverpool. Battle for second place gets serious.

Mistake to throw TAA into such a big game. OX looked out of place. No dynamism in midfield of Milner and Can. Mane's resurgence was short lived. Too many sloppy/ inaccurate passes, too slow on the second ball. Scum on the other hand, were on the front foot throughout, always winning one on one balls. Couldn't score a goal from 99 corners. Karius relatively did better despite letting in two. Poor from everyone overall including Klopp.

That’s a good summary of another miserable day at that shithole.

Craig Pawson is A FUCKING CHEATING SHITHOUSE.

Blatant pen to us after Mane fouled by that dirty Belgian bastard. NOTHING.

Salah was pulled, pushed and fouled all game. Pawson gives NOTHING.

Mane sent off vs City for a high foot. We get fucking NOTHING.

Lovren, just fuck off you utter bell-end. You are a fucking thick cunt.

A victory for luck, cheating, incompetence, cynicism and anti-football.

I would happily BURN THAT CURSED FUCKUNG STADIUM DOWN.

FUCK OFF YOU CUNT.

Pity you don’t run the club’s Twitter account.

• Upvote 2

Obviously gutted but I think that for the 1st goal Lovren gets drawn in due to Emre Can not standing in front of Lukaku. Once Lovren gets drawn in there is a huge gap in behind. If Can stands in front of him Lovren can drop back and cover the space. At the end of the day the 1st half killed us and we where always playing catch up.

Obviously gutted but I think that for the 1st goal Lovren gets drawn in due to Emre Can not standing in front of Lukaku. Once Lovren gets drawn in there is a huge gap in behind. If Can stands in front of him Lovren can drop back and cover the space. At the end of the day the 1st half killed us and we where always playing catch up.

I still think 45 mins is more than enough time to get back in the game. We don't have alternatives off the bench or change of tactics to force them back.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Having seen them again. We should've had 2. The handball and the Fellaini on Mané one. Not sure about the other two.

That blowing up for Smalling's non-head injury pissed me right off.

The young one on Salah was more blatant than those two.

I still think 45 mins is more than enough time to get back in the game. We don't have alternatives off the bench or change of tactics to force them back.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't disagree with that. We are too rigid in our formation at times and the subs are like for like.

• Upvote 1

Shite, first goal I can maybe forgive, it was a quick counter attack lovren made a mistake and whatever, it happens.

But for exactly the same thing to happen minutes later from another of their goal kicks is embarrassing.

Ref fucked us, but we fucked ourselves equally.

Had no plan B up front, and to be honest we didn't even try our usual plan A.

If you look at Man City they play exactly the same when they are attacking, they have the patience and confidence that if they carry on then they'll eventually score, we were doing all the hard work then getting it into their box and shitting ourselves when inside it trying to force passes that weren't on.

Seen it mentioned that we played better in the second half, but we didn't even have a shot on target, no good moaning about injustice when we weren't even capable of having the ball travel towards their goal accurately enough to give their keeper something to think about.

I'm not one for moaning about missing coutinho, but if he was here then at the very least he would have had a couple of decent long range shots on target, the kind of stuff that gets our fans excited and gives the team a lift, for the most part we were stale.

Still think we're alright for top 4, we've got a decent run in, and hopefully we carry on our form in Europe.

At least our weaknesses have been glaringly obvious, hope Klopp sorts it out for next season, if City have a fallow year we have a lot to be excited about.

• Upvote 1

Ref was poor. Fellaini foul on Mane definite penalty. Handball by Valencia probable penalty, as the ball travelled a long way before hitting his hand, and Mane was behind him ready to head it in. Agree with the Smalling non injury. When he was on the deck he looked up to see if the ref was buying it, and sure enough he did.

Two substitutions after the ninety as well, and then their fans kept the ball for ages when Young was waiting for it to take a throw, so at least a further two minutes of playing time not given.

All the cynicism and dark arts were on display. Loads of fouls and hands on Salah and Mane pulling them, leaning on them, and all the rest of it. Man Utd played beyond the limits of legality, but they weren’t dissuaded in their cynical approach because the ref was lenient/bent/incompetent.

All of the above is a given, and by and large out of our hands.

What we should have done is use the ball better, and defend better on the long ball to Lukaku.

Bad day at the office. Regroup and go again.

• Upvote 1