You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 10th March - Man Utd vs Liverpool. Battle for second place gets serious.

Lost the battle, win the war. Go and win every game remaining in the league. I'm more concerned that this leads to us having a dip now than losing today. It was expected. We're still ultimately bottler's. I still can't stand Lovren, arrogant fucker has been propped up by VVD over the last few weeks and is full of it again before the inevitable fall. He can fuck off this summer.

Mistake to throw TAA into such a big game. OX looked out of place. No dynamism in midfield of Milner and Can. Mane's resurgence was short lived. Too many sloppy/ inaccurate passes, too slow on the second ball. Scum on the other hand, were on the front foot throughout, always winning one on one balls. Couldn't score a goal from 99 corners. Karius relatively did better despite letting in two. Poor from everyone overall including Klopp. 

Who gives a shit if we're better by some subjective measure? They got the result and are ahead of us in the league. It was one of De Gea's easiest games this season.

They’re ahead of us in the league because we’ve drawn too many, it’s that simple.

It’s amazing we’re as close as we are considering our midfield and that we played half a season without Van Dijk and with Mignolet.

I am amaz\ed that some of the shithouses on here are praising Mourinho and his team for that result. Down to the referee that they got the ponts, not tactics.

That’s not true. The worst performance from our forwards collectively today. That was due to his tactics, with two deep DMs to help his full backs for example.

Well, that was depressing.

Firstly, the ref. He's a bent cunt. He may well be incompetent as well, and I don't doubt that he is, but to give 95% of decisions one way throughout an entire match would suggest he isn't refereeing the game fairly. The kung fu kick, clear red. Three very good shouts for penalties, none were even considered. And then all the small decisions. Every time one of their players fell over to waste some more time and break up the game, Pawson obliged. A bent fucking cunt.

However, we were largely shit. Karius was at least positive and confident, I thought. And he couldn't do much with the goals. VVD was decent. Firmino was out best player by a country mile. Seemingly creating moves on his own at times. 

Mane was shit bar the cross for the goal. Fuck knows how many times he gave the ball away. 15? 20? Some were five yard passes.

Salah was incredibly quiet. Didn't really do anything.

Chamberlain was shite and the death of lots of our promising moments. Lallana replaced him and just fannied about every time he got the ball. Either he isn't anywhere near full fitness yet (which is probable), or he's finished for us. Because at the moment he's playing at half the speed required.

Can was probably the pick of the midfield. Milner was solid (ish). Robertson ok. 

TAA isn't good enough yet. Which is understandable, he's only 14 or whatever. It's pathetic that our options at right back are as bad as they are. It isn't a reflection on the two kids, but they should be out on loan somewhere, not vying for a start against United.

Lovren. Fucking hell, Lovren. He really is fucking shite. It's remarkable that him, Mignolet and Moreno are still at the club. It was clear as day three fucking years ago they weren't good enough, and it's Klopp biggest flaw for me. Having too much faith in these turds. I fully understand the want to not make sweeping changes, to gradually develop the squad, etc, etc. But these are just wank. They just are. They should have been in the initial clear out.

Despite all of that we still could, with a touch more composure, have got something from the game today. Nevermind. We should still have enough to get in the top four, and we can give anyone a game in the CL. Klopp really has done a great job. These Manc cunts should be 20 points ahead of us considering the money they've spent.

We do need to replace Coutinho though. Doesn't even need to be someone as good (I doubt we could sign someone as good). But we need someone with some creativity in midfield. This current lot are just jobbers. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if any of them left. They're all much of a muchness.

• Upvote 4

We've sadly been totally outfoxed by shitcoat today.

People can shout for pens, point to 14 corners or whatever to 1 and so on but fact is they targeted our obvious weakness twice perfectly and then did a right job on stifling us and being really organised....we huffed and puffed but couldn't really land a proper blow on them.

Today is a real laying bare of why we still aren't the real deal - why we still can't win things...a big, strong, well organised team with a gameplan they execute perfectly are always gonna be really hard for us to beat....for all our possession how much did we really create?

They nullified us and exposed our weakness.

They were basically a WBA but with some quality - and look at our record v WBA.

We have failed to beat them yet again...2 wins in 14 games versus them.

We are improving and 4 losses this season in league so far means we should not be losing our heads and saying we are shite etc but we remain some way short of being ready to take that next step...it remains as frustratingly out of reach as ever, and when it comes to the biggest games we still can't be backed with confidence to get the job done - that next step that winning teams can take is still a step we look unable to take.

It hurts, but there is a lot of hope - maybe more than for a long time, but the doubts that are there are big enough to keep us just short just too often.

• Upvote 1

Lallana's shit full stop.  One decent season since the gimps been here.  Thank fuck his contract is up in 2 years maybe we'll show some initiative and fuck him off in Summer with the likes of Lovren.

He's just come back off a long term injury and is far from 'shit full stop'

I'm all for being gracious and introspective in defeat.

But, not today. Forget all the we weren't good enough, we were outfoxed stuff.

We were largely cheated. We had 2 blatant penalties turned down and 1 other that could've easily been given.

3 key decisions, amongst a lengthy list of them, that the ref has been too scared and incompetent to give.

Hate to say it, but Klopp got the team wrong. Should be the easiest thing in the world to defend 90 yards long balls. Lovren must either whack Lukaku or drop off. Schoolboy defending.

Midfield too slow and wasteful in possesion. And Mane must had like 12 percent pass compleation.

Sent fra min KIW-L21 via Tapatalk

It panned out like we feared. They were strong, athletic, and cynical. They did everything they needed to do. Two early goals and then they dug in, wasted time, fouled, spoiled, etc. We had one or two shouts for a penalty, but generally we huffed and puffed but it was all in front of the Man Utd defenders. We didn’t quite get going, but that was mostly down to Man Utd’s defensive display, as they kept us at bay.

Can’t stand them, but they play better against us and even though I can’t stand him, Mourinho is a manager for the big game.

We are too good to stumble. We will regroup and come again. But we’re a bit short, especially in midfield, but we will be stronger next season. In particular, Keita will help in games like that where we need someone to help break through the lines. Meanwhile, there is still the top four to play for, and we are still well placed for that, and we can look forward to the QF draw in the CL.

I doubt very much that Sevilla are good enough to knock them out, but hopefully they get an away goal at Old Trafford and you never know.

Bad day today for us, but we’re still a good team and there’s still a lot to play for this season.

• Upvote 2

I'm all for being gracious and introspective in defeat.

But, not today. Forget all the we weren't good enough, we were outfoxed stuff.

We were largely cheated. We had 2 blatant penalties turned down and 1 other that could've easily been given.

3 key decisions, amongst a lengthy list of them, that the ref has been too scared and incompetent to give.

Do you recon we could get Mayor Joe Anderson to phone the "bizzies" for us, I mean he rang them when he thought the blueshite were ripped off by Chelsea over Barkley so surely he can see underhandedness in our match today? 

Normally when we have played Lukaku we have put someone in front of him to stop him getting front position. Today we didn't, got punished and then we are playing catch up.

Not going down the ref conspiracy line but he was dire. Another element to overcome but gees he was poor.

Letter to the law Rashford is getting booked into the crowd, Sanchez is getting booked for being inside the 10 on the free kick and Valencia is getting something for the kung fu kick which looked a lot like Mane's send off against City.

Naivety maybe cost us. We let two soft goals in and from there against a shitcoat team trying to break down a well drilled 7-8 man defence is always going to be tough.

Dust ourselves off, try and win all our remaining games and see where the cards fall. They still have to play City again so we still have time.

Onwards and upwards. Into the breach again we go.

Craig Pawson is A FUCKING CHEATING SHITHOUSE.

Blatant pen to us after Mane fouled by that dirty Belgian bastard. NOTHING.

Salah was pulled, pushed and fouled all game. Pawson gives NOTHING.

Mane sent off vs City for a high foot. We get fucking NOTHING.

Lovren, just fuck off you utter bell-end. You are a fucking thick cunt.

A victory for luck, cheating, incompetence, cynicism and anti-football.

I would happily BURN THAT CURSED FUCKUNG STADIUM DOWN.

FUCK OFF YOU CUNT.

• Upvote 4

he hates Lallana with such a passion, it's actually quite funny. Let him have his head.

I don’t hate him and shits harsh but he’s average as fuck and needs to be fucked off. He offers fuck all no ifs or buts about it yet gets a big wage for it.

He's just come back off a long term injury and is far from 'shit full stop'

How long has he been here? One good season in how many years. i guess he must be permanently injured which like Sturridge is good enough reason so get rid.

Craig Pawson is A FUCKING CHEATING SHITHOUSE.

Blatant pen to us after Mane fouled by that dirty Belgian bastard. NOTHING.

Salah was pulled, pushed and fouled all game. Pawson gives NOTHING.

Mane sent off vs City for a high foot. We get fucking NOTHING.

Lovren, just fuck off you utter bell-end. You are a fucking thick cunt.

A victory for luck, cheating, incompetence, cynicism and anti-football.

I would happily BURN THAT CURSED FUCKUNG STADIUM DOWN.

FUCK OFF YOU CUNT.

Alright, Klopp. 

My tuppence worth on Lallana is that at his best he works hard, presses, creates, has good balance, is two footed and can turn either way and open it up in the last third. He doesn’t score enough but he’s a good player.

That’s at his best.

It remains to be seen if he gets back to his best. This season has largely been a write off. Injured for England, out for ages, starting to come back again but looks off the pace. Whether that’s because he isn’t up to speed yet, or he’s dropped slightly in his level, remains to be seen. My best guess is a bit of both, but time will tell.