You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 10th March - Man Utd vs Liverpool. Battle for second place gets serious.

I hate Old Trafford games & we never get the rub of the green there.

They are nowhere near as bad as people are suggesting , just not as flamboyant as we are. We have won there twice in 15 years, and we have conceded 3,4 and 5 in our other visits to top 6 teams this season.

Having said that if we are on our game we could batter them, but I wish I had the confidence that lots of forumites are showing.

I’m expecting Mourinho to adopt the Swansea managers tactics; clog the midfield, forget enterprise and hope to exploit a set piece or defensive lapse.

I hope Can starts, he always plays well against that lot.

I'm confident of victory because they are not as good as us.

They are nowhere near as bad as people are suggesting , just not as flamboyant as we are. We have won there twice in 15 years, and we have conceded 3,4 and 5 in our other visits to top 6 teams this season.

Having said that if we are on our game we could batter them, but I wish I had the confidence that lots of forumites are showing.

That's not confidence, it's wishful thinking. 

That was before van Dijk and the rise of Karius.  We're a defensive machine now. 

• Upvote 3

Valencia

Smalling

Lindelof

Young

That's quite the defence. 

Manchester United...nil

Liverpool...four

Doesn't Mourinho usually play Young wide midfield against us? I think he will again with Shaw at LB up against Mo. I'd love to see that

That was before van Dijk and the rise of Karius. We're a defensive machine now.

I think it’s very early for that kind of statement. In my view both our attacking and defending is very much reliant on our aggressive pressing high up the field. If the opponents break through that to counter against us, or if they’re able to put us under pressure with crosses and set pieces, I still feel we’re quite vulnerable. It seems Van Dijk and Karius have made things better, I agree, but we still look a bit soft in these situations.

I think it’s very early for that kind of statement. In my view both our attacking and defending is very much reliant on our aggressive pressing high up the field. If the opponents break through that to counter against us, or if they’re able to put us under pressure with crosses and set pieces, I still feel we’re quite vulnerable. It seems Van Dijk and Karius have made things better, I agree, but we still look a bit soft in these situations.

Edit: As pointed out below, Robinson has also been key to our improved defending. Maybe I’m too negative....

Hate this.

Hate the match itself, hate them, hate their jumped-up chequebook Pulis manager, hate their nasal, arrogant fans, hate every single cunt who pulls on their jersey, hate their soulless pit of a ground, hate the inevitable Sky hype- despite the game in recent times being turgid shite. Hate Eamon Holmes and Simply Red.

Bring the fuckers on.

• Upvote 7

The Shitty Man United went to Rome to see the Pope,

The Shitty Man United went to Rome to see the Pope,

The Shitty Man United went to Rome to see the Pope and this is what he said

FUCK OFF!

Who the fuck are Man Uniiiiited?!

Who the fuck are Man Uniiiited?!

Who the fuck are Man Uniiiiited?!

As the reds go marching ON ON ON!

• Upvote 1

Who's the ball bag in the black on Saturday. No doubt the Portuguese piss stain will look to apply a bit of pressure on whoever it is.

I'd take a 1-1 draw on Saturday if you guaranteed me the same score against Seville. Badly want the cunts knocked out.

The main reason I hope and believe we will win this is the fact that each match thread I have started has either resulted in a team being blasted away or a boring comfortable victory.

It will either be one of these two or I will be off duty for match threads.

This would be nice....again!

man-utd-liverpool.jpg

Was watching this in the house when the wife was in labour, some time into the second half she said she needed to go hospital, I held out till full before driving her to the Womans with a big grin joking we were calling our son Fabio or Fernando. She thought it was dead funny at the time, honest.

• Upvote 2