You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England in the world cup this Summer

Priory Doctor

Obviously they will shit the bed ,the same as the previous "Golden Generation" did at major tournaments. Where they will be particularly poor is the defence.

The goalkeepers are either inexperienced ( Pickford, Butland) or past it and out of form (Hart). 

Even worse are the centre back options:- Smalling,who is an accident waiting to happen, or Cahill, Jones,Stones who can't get regular starting places in their club sides..

Can't see them getting any further than the Group stage or the next knock out round. 

Obviously they will shit the bed ,the same as the previous "Golden Generation" did at major tournaments. Where they will be particularly poor is the defence.

The goalkeepers are either inexperienced ( Pickford, Butland) or past it and out of form (Hart). 

Even worse are the centre back options:- Smalling,who is an accident waiting to happen, or Cahill, Jones,Stones who can't get regular starting places in their club sides..

Can't see them getting any further than the Group stage or the next knock out round. 

The first question is "What World Cup?"

The second question is "Are England really in it?"

I can honestly say I don't know for sure who the current England manager is as I just don't bother with England's football team.

The first question is "What World Cup?"

The second question is "Are England really in it?"

I can honestly say I don't know for sure who the current England manager is as I just don't bother with England's football team.

Pah, amateur. I don't even know what football is. I only came here for Titty City.

• Upvote 1

Probably the first knock out round at a push and I'm basing that on Kane not being injured and on form.

Actually the 'golden generation' relative to the usual English standard were exactly that, three successive quarter finals in the EURO and WC.

All the anticipation of a world a cup starting, the media frenzy and everything that goes with it. Then it starts and it’s a bag of fucking shite, boring as fuck. I’ve watched the last few hoping that it will improve but it never does. It can get fucked now, international footy is shit. No ambition, just turgid, boring, Mourinho style football. There’s hardly any entertaining games these days. I’m done with it, as I am most football where it doesn’t involve Liverpool or a game that has consequences for us. Or the Blueshite getting beat obviously.

• Upvote 1

I don't actually mind the current England set up. No hateful cunts in the team and a manager who is on the right side of inoffensive.

I'll watch as much of the world cup as possible and not shed a tear when England get knocked out

Dele Alli is a hateful cunt.

• Upvote 1

I don't actually mind the current England set up. No hateful cunts in the team and a manager who is on the right side of inoffensive.

I'll watch as much of the world cup as possible and not shed a tear when England get knocked out

Jones, Wilshire, Alli, Lingaard, Kane.... all hateful cunts
  • Upvote 1

I think Harry Kane will bang in the goals to get England out of the group. The press will go bananas about what the team might achieve then they will get knocked out at the first time of asking, or if flukey, QF at best. The fleeting hope (for some) will be much more than Hodgson or Capello managed to achieve, as their England teams played with such fear. Southgate will be lauded and will get a new contract and an OBE.

Smashing.

I think Harry Kane will bang in the goals to get England out of the group. The press will go bananas about what the team might achieve then they will get knocked out at the first time of asking, or if flukey, QF at best. The fleeting hope (for some) will be much more than Hodgson or Capello managed to achieve, as their England teams played with such fear. Southgate will be lauded and will get a new contract and an OBE.

Smashing.

What has he done to justify being England manager? I thought it was a joke.