You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst Song of All Time

Mook

2 hours ago, Mook said:

All this talk of that creepy cunt Almond reminded me of this monstrosity, definitely a contender for this thread...

The song in general or just that version? I mentioned it last night. It’s one of my all-time favourites but Almond’s contribution was pointless.

57 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I thought it was a vocoder that was responsible for the fucking annoying affect on that cunts voice? Either way I agree wholeheartedly.

"It featured a pioneering use of the audio processing software Auto-Tune to distort Cher's vocals, which became known as the "Cher effect""

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Believe_(Cher_song)?wprov=sfla1

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

The song in general or just that version? I mentioned it last night. It’s one of my all-time favourites but Almond’s contribution was pointless.

I've only heard that version but it's so bad that the original can fuck off too.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

That fucking song they used to play years ago on the radio, thankfully I can't remember the title or the singer but its fucking awful. The first line goes " Gonna write a classic, gonna write it in the attic"

That's a great song mate!

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

That fucking song they used to play years ago on the radio, thankfully I can't remember the title or the singer but its fucking awful. The first line goes " Gonna write a classic, gonna write it in the attic"

Not the sort of song I like, but it's innocuous enough, just a bit dull.

This thread has just got ridiculous. 

Ok I get that a few people might not like Phil Collins. I think he is a feat too but love his music both Genesis and solo. 

Slagging of The Eagles though is just blatant trolling. They are absolutely superb you absolute fucking wankers. 

cloggypop is having a mare in this thread. An absolute abomination. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

I thought it was a vocoder that was responsible for the fucking annoying affect on that cunts voice? Either way I agree wholeheartedly.

I don't agree that bad lyrics are integral to a bad song. Annoying, catchy shit can get stuck in your head for weeks and bothers me much more than a lame simile or gibberish. Then there are certain singers whose voices are just awful to listen to like the twat from Maroon 5 or Liam Gallagher. It's not to say they are poor technical singers or whatever I just hate their voices.

Stig has negged this. Didn't realise he was a Maroon 5 fan. 

21 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This burns my head out.

I can't stand it. Nearly as bad as Take On Me. 

You're taking out Phil Collins and putting in Neil Diamond? State of this.

Another horrific song which id be very surprised if I've never mentioned it before because whenever I hear it I flip my lid. "On the wings of love". I fucking detest that song, he says the title about a million times like it's profound poetry and the shit needs drumming into your DNA. When you think he's done singing it, he carries on. Shit I'm getting pissed off thinking about it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

All 7032 acts who have released it are wondering why? 

It’s still a boring dirge to me! I think Robson and Jerome’s version sent me over the edge! In fact I didn’t watch anything with Robson Green in it for years because of it!

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Absofuckinglutely.  It's beyond execrable.  It's not just shit, it's a painful shit with a worrying amount of blood in it. It's the reason why, to this day, I keep a large hammer next to my radio, just in case.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This thread has just got ridiculous. 

Ok I get that a few people might not like Phil Collins. I think he is a feat too but love his music both Genesis and solo. 

Slagging of The Eagles though is just blatant trolling. They are absolutely superb you absolute fucking wankers. 

cloggypop is having a mare in this thread. An absolute abomination. 

Sorry but Im with Gram Parsons on The Eagles......"a plastic dry fuck"......they are Donald Trump with a rudimentary command of their instruments ( Joe Walsh excepted)....."Takin It Easy" makes me want to use firearms, and theres only Simply Red and M People who have the same effect.

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The Eagles are a great band. I think their use of simple chords and melodies makes them an easy target for music snobs.

Great afternoon pub Juke Box music. I lived in a pub as a kid and they were always on. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Great afternoon pub Juke Box music. I lived in a pub as a kid and they were always on. 

That's part of the reason I don't like them, the boozer I drink in always absolute cretins who come in & stick The Eagles on. All the regulars fucking hate it.

I don't think any of their songs are anywhere near the worst song ever, the cunts could play a bit & their harmonies were superb but MOR stuff like Take It Easy & Hotel California is going to get on people's tits after so many listens.

Just now, Mook said:

That's part of the reason I don't like them, the boozer I drink in always absolute cretins who come in & stick The Eagles on. All the regulars fucking hate it.

I don't think any of their songs are anywhere near the worst song ever, the cunts could play a bit & their harmonies were superb but MOR stuff like Take It Easy & Hotel California is going to get on people's tits after so many listens.

New Kid in Town, Life in the Fast Lane, Desperado, Tequila Sunrise...... Absolute crackers mate. You and your regulars can all go and suck a dick mate. To be fair I bet your local makes Whisky aGoGo seem like Fun House with Pat Sharp. 

• Upvote 1