You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Profit

an tha

Well, for those that don't think we spent what came in in terms of transfers in the summer of 2016...

According to the accounts, in cash terms, we had £58m of cash come in from transfers, and £97m spent on transfers!

This suggests a hefty signing on fee for Matip and agent fees

Well, for those that don't think we spent what came in in terms of transfers in the summer of 2016...

According to the accounts, in cash terms, we had £58m of cash come in from transfers, and £97m spent on transfers!

This suggests a hefty signing on fee for Matip and agent fees

How much on Yachts?

Swiss Ramble @SwissRamble Mar 12

Revenue has increased at #LFC six years in a row, virtually doubling from £184m in 2011 to £364m in 2017. Most of this (£89m) has been driven by TV money, but there has also been impressive growth in the other revenue streams: commercial £59m and match day £33m.

• 2 months later...

The amount they are paying needs to be on par with the biggest sponsorship deals because certain other clubs are currently getting way more than us for sponsorship, and they have deals that are due to expire before 2023, where they can expect to be offered more again.

EDIT: According to a site I can't access because of a paywall (cityam.com), it's £160m over 4 years which matches Chelsea's Yokohama deal as the second biggest in the Premier League, behind the Manc deal with Chevrolet.

We've clearly enough money to not dick around with low bids for our targets this summer, and recent business suggests that we aren't settling for second or third choices.

Get the manager the players he wants and let's have a proper crack at the title next season.

The amount they are paying needs to be on par with the biggest sponsorship deals because certain other clubs are currently getting way more than us for sponsorship, and they have deals that are due to expire before 2023, where they can expect to be offered more again.

EDIT: According to a site I can't access because of a paywall (cityam.com), it's £160m over 4 years which matches Chelsea's Yokohama deal as the second biggest in the Premier League, behind the Manc deal with Chevrolet.

I'm not an expert in these things but if those figures are right I think it seems OK. Not great, but OK.

It's kind of hard to compare fairly because several of the clubs around us are clearly using the shirt sponsorship as a way to get extra money into the club without falling afoul of FFP so it's skewed. City are the most egregious example but Chelsea are probably doing some finessing of the numbers as well.

Spurs are supposedly getting 35m/year for theirs, but I suspect even that is not true as it wasn't widely reported. United get 53m/year, and that's probably the closest comparison apples-to-apples to ours, so 40m/year for us in that context is roughly fair given the head start they have commercially.

I would have hoped for 45m/year, but 40m/year isn't that bad. And it's only a 4-year deal, which means we can renew earlier and for a lot more next time. The interesting one for us going forward is the deal with New Balance, which was recently renewed, but only for one more season.

You'd have to think with us back in the CL as regulars and looking up for the future, there will be a lot more interest from the more traditional kit-makers. Arsenal's deal with Puma also expires next season and if things continue on the current trajectory we should be a much more attractive prospect for Adidas/Nike (or Puma looking to replace Arsenal?). They currently get 30m/year from Puma, so if they're looking for a bump from that and we get even more it would be a pretty big increase from the 25m/season we get from New Balance right now.14 min

James Pearce

#LFC sign a new shirt sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered until the end of the 2022/23 season.

GET IN!!

*Don't mind me. I'm just desperate for anything to distract me from thinking about the final*

Where's the shirt sponsorship money, John?

Swiss Ramble‏ @SwissRamble Mar 12

Revenue has increased at #LFC six years in a row, virtually doubling from £184m in 2011 to £364m in 2017. Most of this (£89m) has been driven by TV money, but there has also been impressive growth in the other revenue streams: commercial £59m and match day £33m.

Where's the increased revenue money, John?

James Pearce‏Verified account @JamesPearceEcho 3h3 hours ago

#LFC's Champions League campaign has already seen them pocket £50million......

Marinatastic.

Where's the Champions' League money, John?

I'm not an expert in these things but if those figures are right I think it seems OK. Not great, but OK.

It's kind of hard to compare fairly because several of the clubs around us are clearly using the shirt sponsorship as a way to get extra money into the club without falling afoul of FFP so it's skewed. City are the most egregious example but Chelsea are probably doing some finessing of the numbers as well.

Spurs are supposedly getting 35m/year for theirs, but I suspect even that is not true as it wasn't widely reported. United get 53m/year, and that's probably the closest comparison apples-to-apples to ours, so 40m/year for us in that context is roughly fair given the head start they have commercially.

I would have hoped for 45m/year, but 40m/year isn't that bad. And it's only a 4-year deal, which means we can renew earlier and for a lot more next time. The interesting one for us going forward is the deal with New Balance, which was recently renewed, but only for one more season.

You'd have to think with us back in the CL as regulars and looking up for the future, there will be a lot more interest from the more traditional kit-makers. Arsenal's deal with Puma also expires next season and if things continue on the current trajectory we should be a much more attractive prospect for Adidas/Nike (or Puma looking to replace Arsenal?). They currently get 30m/year from Puma, so if they're looking for a bump from that and we get even more it would be a pretty big increase from the 25m/season we get from New Balance right now.14 min

I find it staggering we seem to be on such a small shirt deal....we must be one of the biggest shirt sellers and i would personally find it surprising if arsenal were selling more shirts than us.

When does the new balance deal finish ,wouldn't mind puma as we never have had it and they will need a big name now arsenal are going with someone else

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Puma are supposed be taking over as Man City's kit supplier soon. Wouldn't want them anyway looking at that horrific kit they've come up with for Arsenal.

A lot of these kit and shirt sponsorship deals are headline figures anyway, with a lot of the money quoted being the maximum the club will get depending on success (winning trophies) and especially CL quaification. I remember reading that the Mancs deal with Adidas drops by about £25m if they're not in the CL.

Surprised at how low the new Deal is. Even without the Champions League we were the most televised team in the Premier League last season. We also had roughly the same amount of games this season too with CL and Mo Salah's image being virtually everywhere. Would have thought the club would have been able to get 50m a year at least.