You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 3rd March at 5.30pm - Liverpool vs Newcastle United - Rafa's Returned Ruined by Rampant Reds, Right?

On a good run here with some stonking wins. Three on the bounce, goals galore, saves galore, action packed, points won and progress made in competitions.

With Newcastle at home next, there may be some resting of players going on against Porto so I am expecting some serious goal damage but maybe this is a mistake to assume this. 

Karius in goal, turning things around here.

Robertson, van Dijk, Lovren/Matip and Gomez/Alexander-Arnold. Good to have competition for places in defence.

If Can is avaliable in Champions League there are options in midfield. I expect Milner to appear in Champions League so perhaps Henderson, Wijnaldum and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Front three may start strong with rest after Solanke's performance in U23s and Ings perhaps to make an appearance.

Hoping for another three points as on Sunday Spurs face Huddersfield (probably a win for them), Arsenal playing Brighton (probably a win for them) and Manchester City playing Chelsea (probably a City win so opening a gap from Chelsea. Probably a win for Manchester United against Chelsea on Monday.

I'm fancying a win by three goals here.

Do everything that we're good at, and avoid our usual pitfalls and we'll be fine. Beating a side coached by Rafa is something we've yet to do though. We really ought to have done it at their place but our finishing was woeful. We ought to have done it at Anfield a couple of years ago, but let slip a 2-0 lead. The jinx ends this weekend.

Hmmm. Got more concerns about this game than I have when we play those teams around us. Benitez is a master tactician and will have a very good go at frustrating us with his team of inferior players. No disrespect to Newcastle but they clearly are. J

ust how they have managed to take points off us home and away since Jurgen rocked up here is beyond me. I do think if we get to 2-0 they will likely be overrun and obviously a goal in the first 10 to 15 minutes may puncture their balloon.