You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 4 West Ham 1 (Feb 24 2018)

tlw content

This, like the Leicester win at home and few others more have had a strange feel to them, a sort of stoic not brilliant but strong mentality and with us playing as if we knew we'd win. Just like in the good old days. hard to explain, but you just knew.

Wining is becoming a knack now. 

• Upvote 1

This, like the Leicester win at home and few others more have had a strange feel to them, a sort of stoic not brilliant but strong mentality and with us playing as if we knew we'd win. Just like in the good old days. hard to explain, but you just knew.

Wining is becoming a knack now.

Yeah when 4-1 wins feel 'routine' you know things are on the up.
  • Upvote 2

Feels like we are getting close again.....the fear of course is we find a way to not kick on yet again. Hope to fuck those days are over!

Ye, deffo feels like a different vibe about the team. I thought one of the better bits on Saturday was when they scored, for 5 minutes after that, we just bossed the middle of the park and slowed the tempo right down. Felt like the old days, but its something we will have to become better at and use more often, the further we go in the CL. 

I agree with your general point here Dave, not sure if you saw my post but that side managed by Klopp would have won the league no doubt.

I think your doing Rafa a massive Disservice there by the way. This side has won nothing yet.

Not to mention Klopp has a different way of playing with different types of players..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Reina

Carra

Sami

Xabi

Macherano

Gerrard

Torres

We’re fucking ace to watch but we’ve still a long way to go to matching that side.

I know I'm being pedantic but that was never our 1st team. By the time Rafa bought Mascherano, Agger had taken the CB from Sami. I always think of Hyypia in the same team as Didi and even Sissoko but he was mostly a sub after that.

It should be Agger/Skrtel in that list which makes it less strong on paper.

Rafa would have gone on to dominate if we had been sold properly the first time imo. His european record was incredible and he was close to the league.

Klopp is going in the right direction but has achieved nothing yet. Playing nice football with no trophies means nothing unfortunately.

I don't think the current team is better yet.

Rafa (back then) is exactly the type of manager who would snuff this current side out. He would not allow any of the transition stuff - our midfield now is not good enough to play against that level of team.

At this point - 08-09 for me Clive.

You are talking about fellas who were among the top side in Europe for a number of years, not an 11 just beginning to gel. Lets give it a run of 18 or 24 months of quality before we go all in.

Rafa (back then) is exactly the type of manager who would snuff this current side out. He would not allow any of the transition stuff - our midfield now is not good enough to play against that level of team.

At this point - 08-09 for me Clive.

You are talking about fellas who were among the top side in Europe for a number of years, not an 11 just beginning to gel. Lets give it a run of 18 or 24 months of quality before we go all in.

That 08-09 team won fuck all though.  Just like this team.  This team is certainly more exciting, in that you have no idea what might happen from game to game.  Klopp can squeeze more out of this lot yet, once we sort the midfield out.

More oil clubs for this team to overcome. Were Man City a force in 08? Or PSG in Europe?

Anyway, I love what we’re doing. The attack is brilliant. The defence is settling down and will grow in authority. The midfield needs a bit more, and it’s coming. Maybe the goalkeeper will change or maybe Karius continues to grow. We’ll see. The ingredients are coming together but it’s not baked yet!