You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wednesday, 14th February - FC Porto vs Liverpool. Happy Valentine's Day

Predictably, there have been more reports of Porto being poor than Liverpool being excellent.

I wonder how many more times it has to happen before people realize the two are not unrelated.

Always has been since that lot down the East Lancs revival. Oppos talked as being world beaters before we play them then when we have spanked them they were Conference standard all along. I take it as a backhanded compliment and just smile to myself.

• Upvote 1

Predictably, there have been more reports of Porto being poor than Liverpool being excellent.

I wonder how many more times it has to happen before people realize the two are not unrelated.

I imagine if you took a poll of other club's supporters asking "who do you want to draw next round" we would be at or near bottom on every list.

How would people like to see us approach the second leg?

Give some much needed game time to the likes of Clyne, Klavan, Lallana, Ings and Solanke or keep up our momentum in the competition and go hell for leather with our first XI again?

Rest as many as possible ahead on the Manc game.  Mo, Mane and Bobby on the bench for starters

Pissed me off when the commentators were saying how easy it was for us. If it was easy it was easy because we worked our balls off and made life horrible for them. We were rewarded for hard work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Lucky kid!

Yes, at 3 nil the Porto fans were saying that this just never happened to them at home. After the match I said to him, do you how lucky you are, we haven't won away in Portugal for over 30 years?

His reply, "yeah, and I got to see Gary McAllister!"

Pissed me off when the commentators were saying how easy it was for us. If it was easy it was easy because we worked our balls off and made life horrible for them. We were rewarded for hard work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree with that, but we work hard most games and don't often come away with a 0-5.

More often than most other teams in world football.

I don't know about that.  But I don't remember us having many games as easy as that this year, though we've only just got VVD and Wijnaldum turned up and looked a decent player last night.  It was a great team performance overall though.

What the fuck is that midfield. 

It's a midfield to be bypassed by both their defence to their attack and our defence and our attack. 

Hoof!

Roses are red

Wijnaldum is shit

Tough start so far. Our weak midfield is struggling.

Yeah it's largely non-existent. We really lack that driving presence in there, Keita can't come quick enough.

Our midfield is utter shit. May as well not be there.

This midfield is going to cost us big

Offers fuck all offensively or defensively

No pace,no bite no guile

Sad but true. Porto always seem to have a decent midfield setup so I don't expect us to dominate them. Hopefully we can just get a smash-and-grab win tonight.

Midfield absolutely dire

Do you think it ever crosses Henderson or Wijnaldums mind to move to receive a pass, when our back 4 are endlessly passing the ball between themselves?

Load of shite.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1