You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Season Ticket Amnesty

Sputnik1

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

I have two season tickets in my name. I don’t miss many but take friends/family with me. When I charge I take face value only. Sometimes I take friends of friends who I don’t meet until the day of the game.

Sounds like a nightmare to me

I can understand why people do this.  I’ve got mates who do the same and I benefit from it myself when I get to go but really it’s wrong for me.  Most people who I know who go the game every week are either fellas like my dad who’ve had their season ticket for decades or lads my age or younger going on other people’s season tickets.  It’s pretty much a closed shop unless you know the right people.

There’ll be four views here;

ST holders who go themselves every week: Not likely to be arsed.

ST holders (like me) that don’t go every week but share with a select few people: don’t like it or trust it.

Non-ST holders, who use the tickets of the above: won’t like it or trust it.

Non-ST holders that don’t have regular access to tickets: will probably like it.

ill wait for the details. If I can only add one name as an alternative, I’m not sure what I’ll do. If I can add the 4 lads that use it, I’ll do it.

If I can only add a couple I might look to change the way we share it and commit going more often myself.

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

ST holders (like me) that don’t go every week but share with a select few people: don’t like it or trust it.

Non-ST holders that don’t have regular access to tickets: will probably like it.

ill wait for the details. If I can only add one name as an alternative, I’m not sure what I’ll do. If I can add the 4 lads that use it, I’ll do it.

If I can only add a couple I might look to change the way we share it and commit going more often myself.

All of the above should welcome measures to stop touting, provioded of course the needs for people like you are considered.

So, if you can go on sharing a season ticket between 4 people you're OK with it? You may need to tick a box on the ticket site telling who's going each match, but i reckon you could live with that.

Technically it shouldn't be a problem for the club to acoomodate you and others. It's all about how they set up the rules. How many can share a ST? How many times can you shift your ticket to someone else? Do we allow for supporter clubs to have ST available for their members? etc.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2019 at 12:28, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I can’t imagine how they’ll be able to check the names at the turnstile without massive queues. I don’t think facial recognition is quite there yet plus there would be an outcry regarding privacy.

34 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I can’t imagine how they’ll be able to check the names at the turnstile without massive queues. I don’t think facial recognition is quite there yet plus there would be an outcry regarding privacy.

Maybe it'll be linked to your bank account. When collecting pre paid rail tickets you insert the card you bought them with into the machine before you put in the code they give you. Maybe it'll be like that but contactless.

8 minutes ago, kemskem said:

Maybe it'll be linked to your bank account. When collecting pre paid rail tickets you insert the card you bought them with into the machine before you put in the code they give you. Maybe it'll be like that but contactless.

Don’t tell anyone but when collecting pre paid rail tickets you can put any card in, it doesn’t matter. 

31 minutes ago, kemskem said:

Sounds like it’d all be very complicated. I’d hate to be behind aload of Japanese tourists putting in a 18 digit code one by one

6 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Would you be able to swipe your bank card and get instant verification that your linked to the season ticket being used? 

If they can read and verify your card when you collect from the ticket office I'd imagine it's possible. Whether it would be enough id and they could make it quick I don't know.