You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Feb 3-5 2018)

tlw content

deeneydoublebird.jpg

While we were getting hosed out of two points, our top four rivals were enjoying mixed fortunes this week. Arsenal murdered hapless Everton, the Mancs eventually bored Huddersfield into submission at Old Trafford but Chelsea’s up and down run continued as they were humiliated at Watford. 

Fat Sam went with a back five and two holding midfielders at the Emirates. A sensible approach; keep it tight early doors and feel your way into the game, maybe nick something from a set-piece or with the pace of Walcott and Bolasie. Somehow they found themselves 3-0 down after 19 minutes. Imagine how many they'd have conceded if he hadn't gone with that extra defender.

Ramsay bagged the first of his hat-trick when he converted a Mkhitaryan cross from close range. Koscielny made it 2-0 and Ramsey added a third with a shot that deflected past Pickford, who probably still should have saved it. Mkhitaryan picked up another assist when he played in a clearly offside Aubamayang, who finished with a nonchalant little dink over Pickford to make it 4-0 just before half time.

I say it was clearly offside, but do we know for sure? Perhaps they’ve made yet another change to the offside law without telling anyone? 

That Calvert-Lewin prick came off the bench and headed in a consolation, but then helped to lay on Ramsay’s hat-trick when he presented the ball to Mkhitaryan who delivered another buffet ball for the Welshman to despatch. 

The best thing about Everton defeats these days is watching Allardyce talking to TV post match. It's great, he doesn’t give a shit. He just comes out and moans about how crap the players were. Every week he just lays into them, it’s marvellous.  

“We played the same system as Swansea, and put players in the same positions, but I might as well have been talking to them in a foreign language from what I saw from them out there”. Brilliant that. He did his job by basically copying Swansea’s system and telling them “go and do what Swansea did”. When it doesn’t work, it’s because they don’t listen to him. Easy money this management lark isn’t it? 

“I’m angry at the players for that performance. It’s unacceptable”. Outstanding passing of the buck. He's up there with Mourinho when it comes to the "my plan was great, blame those fucking deadbeats who couldn't carry it out" approach to self preservation. It’s shameless. To quote Ron Burgundy, I’m not even mad, I’m impressed. You almost have to admire such rampant ego. 

That’s a nice little segue to the next game actually, which featured another out of control ego - my main man Pards. His Baggies team have been much improved of late and they took on struggling Southampton at the Hawthorns. All signs pointed to a home win, but Pards was given an unexpected taste of ‘the long pork sausage’. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for ONE MONTH.

• Upvote 1