You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Katie Hopkins

Fowlers God

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Whilst I’d never defend Hopkins or anybody like her this thirst for banning things is starting to concern me.

I don't think this falls into the other recent stuff mate. Everywhere has some degree of regulation, people are pretty free to discuss what they want on here but if anyone came out with the shite she has they'd be banned and rightly so. Likewise, she couldn't say what she says on TV because of ofcom.

She got away with stuff in the printed press because our laws on that score are a joke, thanks to Murdoch's political connections. 

Twitter has been like the wild west for years. People posting pics of their sick kids being told I hope they die or I hope they get raped or all sorts of shit. It's gone too far. 

• Upvote 2

What amazes me is that some people seem to think this is a “Violation of Free Speech”

That the laws of whatever country they come from should govern what a private website decides to do with one of its users accounts.

Nearly as bad as the Americans that are constantly mentioning the first amendment, without having a bloody clue what it actually means.

Twitter are obviously done with her shit, she chose her approach to get attention over years and now hopefully the hateful cunt fades into obscurity.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Juniper said:

What amazes me is that some people seem to think this is a “Violation of Free Speech”

That the laws of whatever country they come from should govern what a private website decides to do with one of its users accounts.

Nearly as bad as the Americans that are constantly mentioning the first amendment, without having a bloody clue what it actually means.

Twitter are obviously done with her shit, she chose her approach to get attention over years and now hopefully the hateful cunt fades into obscurity.

Yep, decency and free speech are two different things. Common decency was governed by what wider society deemed acceptable rather than laws, but giving people like this a platform (which they exploited for money and notoriety) and it not being punished or there being no repercussions, has allowed a lack of common dedency to spread like a cancer. It's like kids without a governing hand, Lord of the flies shit.

Freedom of speech is me saying in public that I hate the tories, a lack of decency is me knocking on a stranger's door and saying I hope their kids die of cancer. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Whilst I’d never defend Hopkins or anybody like her this thirst for banning things is starting to concern me.

Come on mate, Twatter and the likes probably ban hundreds of people everyday, it's not like she made a one off mistake, she's been peddling her racist shite for years. 

We don't actually have full 'freedom of speech' though, do we? It's not a blanket approval of any hateful, incitement shite that people want to say.

Anyway, fuck her and fuck social media. The hate creating cunts.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Come on mate, Twatter and the likes probably ban hundreds of people everyday, it's not like she made a one off mistake, she's been peddling her racist shite for years. 

I think Howdy, I hope I’m not putting words in to his mouth here, is talking about the novel modern concept of ‘deleting’.

It’s a form of action whereby a person is censured to the point of having no voice for having the temerity say something which rankles the collective hive mind of idiots.

A person deemed worthy of deletion is effectively removed from history and has no digital, and through this real world, footprint.

Tends to be used by the hyperuppity thought police on twitter whose default setting is heightened outrage at everything, in most cases to signal their virtue.

This is not a good or reasonable idea and only leads to slippery slopes.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think Howdy, I hope I’m not putting words in to his mouth here, is talking about the novel modern concept of ‘deleting’.

It’s a form of action whereby a person is censured to the point of having no voice for having the temerity say something which rankles the collective hive mind of idiots.

A person deemed worthy of deletion is effectively removed from history and has no digital, and through this real world, footprint.

Tends to be used by the hyperuppity thought police on twitter whose default setting is heightened outrage at everything, in most cases to signal their virtue.

This is not a good or reasonable idea and only leads to slippery slopes.

I don't use it mate, just read what friends send now and again or what folk post on here. It's a private platform though, so I guess they have the right to ban/moderate people who break their rules as they see fit. Of course, they probably don't do this in a way that many will see as fair, that is the same with most large social media sites/forums. We are also not privy to the amount of complaints Twatter have received about Hopkins, and indeed who sent complaints. In my opinion, it has been a long time coming, I find it abhorrent that the likes of Hopkins, Waxey lemon and their Ilk hide behind the freedom of speech line so they can post their racist bile. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I don't use it mate, just read what friends send now and again or what folk post on here. It's a private platform though, so I guess they have the right to ban/moderate people who break their rules as they see fit. Of course, they probably don't do this in a way that many will see as fair, that is the same with most large social media sites/forums. We are also not privy to the amount of complaints Twatter have received about Hopkins, and indeed who sent complaints. In my opinion, it has been a long time coming, I find it abhorrent that the likes of Hopkins, Waxey lemon and their Ilk hide behind the freedom of speech line so they can post their racist bile. 

It’s not twitter that deletes, it’s the collective voice of idiotic digital ‘democracy’

The ‘left’ are as bad as the right at being ‘outraged‘ and this is one of the manifestations of it. Effectively all digital traces of a person who has wronged is removed from the internet meaning they’re deleted and forgotten. The real problem with this is who will remember who has been deleted and for what when the evidence has been removed.

Quite sinister really, but the go to tool of the ultra outraged at anything brigade.

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’s not twitter that deletes, it’s the collective voice of idiotic digital ‘democracy’

The ‘left’ are as bad as the right at being ‘outraged‘ and this is one of the manifestations of it. Effectively all digital traces of a person who has wronged is removed from the internet meaning they’re deleted and forgotten. The real problem with this is who will remember who has been deleted and for what when the evidence has been removed.

Quite sinister really, but the go to tool of the ultra outraged at anything brigade.

It will have no affect on me personally, and I dare say many more people won't give a shiny shit about some abhorrent bint being banned from a social platform. There's plenty of other sites who will put up with her antics, so I guess her voice/digital trace won't be completely removed. I doubt many people outside of the UK have heard of Hopkins or give a shit about what she has to say. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I'd love to join a brigade, the fire one sounds a bit dangerous and hard work so where can I sign up for this one? 

5 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

tell you one thing that is for certain and beyond debate, her parents should be utterly, utterly ashamed of both her and themselves for what she has become.  

I do genuinely wonder if she has diagnosed mental health problems. Beyond her obvious cuntery, on the rare occasion I've seen her interviewed she doesn't seem all there. 

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Something called 'Parler' is trending. Might join and call her a fucking cunt 

She's communicating through her emissary, that ex ukip bloke, Gérard rattan or William Bratton or whatever his name is in the style of Patrick Swayze in Ghost and is asking people to 'join her on parler' or something with this profile. Imagine your life's achievements being condensed into calling yourself the biggest bitch in Britain on a beta max Twitter. 

It'd be awful if Barry Bulsara got activated Jason Bourne style and put a hydra-shok in that mellon.

Screenshot_20200620-201042_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

She's communicating through her emissary, that ex ukip bloke, Gérard rattan or William Bratton or whatever his name is and is asking people to 'join her on parler' or something with this profile. Imagine your life's achievements being condensed into calling yourself the biggest bitch in Britain. 

It'd be awful if Barry Bulsara got activated Jason Bourne style and put a hydra-shok in that mellon.

Screenshot_20200620-201042_Chrome.jpg

She isn't even he biggest bitch in Britain. That title belongs to NV .... 

• Upvote 1