You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham at Anfield, February 4th 2018

Captain

Rather ironically because Nelly does not appear to know what the word actually means.

Van Dijk pulls his leg away and as best gets a toe on Lamela. To describe it as a welly is the most absurdly biased nonsense one could surmise only a Spurs fan could have come up with it.

• Upvote 1

Now thats how you snatch a draw from the jaws of victory.

I have to say - I'm enjoying the hysteria around pens that, if we are being brutal, were all caused by our inability to offer a meaningful midfield in a top end of the table game, to release the continuing pressure. The pen furore is sort of masking our shortcomings.

The sooner this keita kid gets here, the better.

One other - If they get through the CL next round and more precarious - if we get through!  Absolutely no way do we want spurs in the next round. 

I have to say - I'm enjoying the hysteria around pens that, if we are being brutal, were all caused by our inability to offer a meaningful midfield in a top end of the table game, to release the continuing pressure. The pen furore is sort of masking our shortcomings.

One other - If they get through the CL next round and more precarious - if we get through!  Absolutely no way do we want spurs in the next round. 

Christ, what a load of shite.

Apparently they said this

Assistant Eddie Smart to Jon Moss: 'All I need to know is did (Dejan) Lovren touch the ball or not? If he's not touched the ball it is offside. It has to be offside if Lovren has not touched the ball.'

Christian Eriksen: 'He did touch the ball.'

Emre Can: 'He didn't.'

Smart: 'I cannot be sure if Lovren touched the ball or not. That is the question I am asking.'

The officials then send the players away

Moss: 'Just talk to me again.' 

Smart: 'I need to clarify if Lovren touched the ball or not. If he has, it is a deliberate action and therefore it's a penalty. If he did not, it is offside.'

Moss: 'I have no idea if Lovren touched the ball or not. Martin, have you got anything?'

The two officials ask the fourth official Martin Atkinson

Moss to Smart: 'I'm giving the penalty mate.'

FA should ban those two cunts then.  Blind leading the blind.

What's the point in a football Match when mugs like that have a chance to decide an outcome in seconds.

The pair of mistakes that led to the penalties had nothing whatsoever to do with the midfield. 2 incidents of individual recklessness that went punished. The first goal is a one in a thousand shot that cannot be legislated for.

Spurs bossed the midfield for the entire second half. When you allow that the defence will be im trouble sooner or later against that kind of quality.

And do have a look at their first. Who is closest to the ball and should be favourite to get to it when Karius punched clear. I’ll give you a hint, it’s not the Spurs goalscorer.

Karius's punch on their 1st goal - could/should he have caught it?

Yes, but then it did clear a good 20-30 yards? Without a single L'pool player getting near it and then the lad who'd just come on(hands up who gave a sigh of relief when Dembele went off) decides to stick it in the top corner!

Could of done better, but then, the same if not massivley more could of been said by our missing midfield.

• Upvote 1

Yes, but then it did clear a good 20-30 yards? Without a single L'pool player getting near it and then the lad who'd just come on(hands up who gave a sigh of relief when Dembele went off) decides to stick it in the top corner!

Could of done better, but then, the same if not massivley more could of been said by our missing midfield.

Fair...and Can could have easily completed the job and given the lad no chance to smash it in.

One other - If they get through the CL next round and more precarious - if we get through! Absolutely no way do we want spurs in the next round.

Since penalty decisions decide games I’d hardly call it hysteria.

That said I agree, our midfield is far too weak, and when you offer zero protection to the defence for a full half against a quality side like that you’re gonna be in trouble sooner or later.

All the decisions debate aside (not easy when they were so crucial, so debatable) how tired we looked in that 2nd half is a bit worrying and how our midfield was overrun in 2nd half is very worrying - Spurs are a good team but it was uncomfortable to see how much of the ball we allowed them/they won in that 2nd half.

Our best 3 in there looks to be unknown at the mo.

It’s almost as if selling our best player without getting a replacement is having an effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely this debate regarding the pens highlights why VAR Is bollocks? Ie, in the sense that so much of football is subjective.

So much of it is objective and clear cut, too, but they still make a dog's dinner of it.  Exhibit 1: Rob Styles with Finnan/Malouda.  The incompetent blind old fucks need all the help they can get.

It’s almost as if selling our best player without getting a replacement is having an effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its almost like our ex-best player wouldn't have made any inroads into what went on in the second half. 

Sometimes, you need a certain type of player to do a certain type of job, todays midfield required more power and presence, whether Keita is all that remains to be seen, but the lad who left, had many great attributes, but power and presence in a taught game like today, in my kate humble opinion, wasn't his greatest attribute.  

Our midfield three has in the main, been key to how well we play this season and the sooner we get that sorted, the better we will see what we are capable of and more importantly, in a consistent level. 

• Upvote 2