You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham at Anfield, February 4th 2018

Captain

But....

They were both penalties.

The only issue on the pens is the offside on the first.

There's clear contact on the second one. And, the first, there doesn't need to be contact. If you rush in recklessly and don't get the man or ball but still impede the opponents run so he loses possession, then it's a foul.

See our pens in the past. Gerrard against Sheffield United and N'Gog against the Brummies.

There doesn’t have to be contact for it to be a pen?!? My mind is blown

Maybe the future isn’t VAR it’s like in minority report where we know what the players intent is and we award pens

Then stick Can's name in there and the point stands.

Our best midfielder is probably not good enough. Big fuck off questions mark over the lot of them.

Ive seen worse Liverpool midfields but never one so devoid of any quality.

I agree.  It offers less resistance than Happy Shopper 1-ply Value Toilet Roll.  Before you know it  it's given way and the opposition is playing proctologist with our back line.  It's been our problem for a few years.

How the fuck can you think its a penalty?

He barely touches him, and it certainly doesnt stop Lamela from getting to the ball or into a different position. He goes down like a dying sack of shit. That is never a penalty, if you think it is you are a fucking maniac.

Agree our midfield is shit. And getting someone to join Keita in yhe summer is important.

Have you seen the slowed down video?

VVD boots him in the back of the knee, his leg shifts forward from the impact.

That angle changed my mind.

Pelanty.

There doesn’t have to be contact for it to be a pen?!? My mind is blown

Maybe the future isn’t VAR it’s like in minority report where we know what the players intent is and we award pens

No, there doesn't. Learn the rules of the game before trying to be a smartarse.

I've even provided two examples of penalties with no contact.

Have you seen the slowed down video?

VVD boots him in the back of the knee, his leg shifts forward from the impact.

That angle changed my mind.

Pelanty.

What do you think of this angle?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2028053500773317&id=1374874542757886&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FY.N.W.A.LiverpoolFCFans%2Fvideos%2F2028053500773317%2F&_rdr

had nothing to do with the squad today that was about  the officials being piss poor!!  

We were 2-1 up with about 90 seconds left and we shit the bed, it very much does have something to do with the squad. We don't have a single midfielder at the club with a shred of football intelligence.

Carra giving it the best league in the world spiel on Sky to round off a wonderful hour.

Carragher is a Murdoch bitch now isn't he?

He, consistently, talks absolute shite. Presumably he is contractually obliged to do so, however.

As a fan I am disappointed we did not hold on after Mo scored the second. We looked like a second wind was going to get us over the line after they missed the first pen. Moss can say he thinks Lovren touched the ball but I remember a ref saying Mignolet dropped the ball after getting a fore arm smash in a game and the ref giving the goal. Moss had a bad game but he does not have endless replays and slowed down vid to look at. He gave Spurs every foul they asked for and only seemed to start giving us a few after Milner told him no way was one foul a foul. I do not have a problem with the lino giving a pen if the ref has not seen it. It goes both ways hopefully. Can should have done better on Karius punch out and Matip got skinned far too easily again. Good save by Karius else we would have been on the end of a 3-2 defeat. Spurs are a very good side on that showing. People seem to be forgetting they snotted the 2nd placed team in the league the other night. They kept the ball very well today while we squandered our possession. The contribution from our subs was shockingly bad. Every time we played the ball out of defence it either went to a white shirt or was won by a white shirt. Too frequently we dive in and do not come away with the ball. Objectively a draw was a fair result although football is not about objectivity and the way they were able to get the call is frustrating. You can argue about the 2nd pen as long as we want but if that goes for us we would all take it. I think our players were dead on their feet and Spurs being a very good side were why we ended up with a draw. The adrenalin from Mos goal should have carried us over the line though.

This is getting comical. 

Do we have an angle to see any skin ripples? I'd like to see impact/pressure and how this correlates with Lemars facial reactions and the linesmen's visibility. Without these it's a clear no penno. 

Joking aside, it's a penno. Lemar's face is already in "fuck my legs been taken clean off" before his arse has even felt the warmness of VVD's waist. Bottom line is we've dropped 2 points from a winning position again - this is somewhat consistent throughout our season and what needs to be remedied if we wish to progress.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell.... He's clearly kicked him in the back of the leg. If Lamela was faking and there was no contact on the leg, given that Lamela hasn't seen van Dijk's foot coming in, what are the chances he'd be holding the exact same part of his leg where van Dijk's kick was aimed? He'd more likely be holding his back, where there was also a bit of contact.