You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham at Anfield, February 4th 2018

Captain

No wonder there's RAWK meltdown accounts on Twitter etc.

I just went on there to see their opinion on the penalties and they're bringing up Inter Milan of the 1960's and match fixing allegations.

Christ!

It's. A. Fucking. Penalty.

I'm more arsed about our shithouse midfield than the ref.

Match fixing? I’m no expert but I’m pretty sure you don’t pick a televised game on a Sunday to fix.

I think what we have are two officials who like the idea of giving penalties against Liverpool at Anfield, in front of the Kop, because that’s how you gain kudos in the underground refereeing fraternity. I bet John Moss’ phone hasn’t stopped ringing from colleagues going “Just want you to know that was the ballsiest display of reffing I’ve ever seen”.

And probably a few calls from PL execs thanking him for it.

• Upvote 1

We'd have won 2-1 if it was up to him because he didn't give the penalty at the end. It's the linesman who has questions to answer. I'm not a fan of linesmen getting involved in penalty calls. To be fair to the ref, once the linesman says it's a penalty, he's hard pushed to not give it. Since when have linesmen started giving penalties like that? It happened in the Palace game earlier, too.

It’s his decision ultimately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our inability to hold on under pressure for just a couple of minutes is probably the most head wrecking thing out of any Liverpool side I've ever watched. It's the inevitability of it.

I also wish we'd stop taking off our fastest threats when under pressure it's an outlet and let's us release some of that pressure it gives the opposition pause for thought instead of just playing into their hands. Even when he's shit Mane's a threat.

Spurs are a better rounded team than we are, we need an entire new midfield until we do it's panic football and damn near heart attacks week in week out.

Having read that post back it makes it sound like we are shit, we aren't we are good sometimes great but flawed.

Last season we were balls deep in the title race in december but didnt strenghten in january, we started to tire and so it came down to last game of the season before we secured top 4.

We are in the exact same position again this season (no title shot but the champions league now), why do our owners and manager do this?

The midfield just collapsed second half. I don't know who was supposed to be covering TAA's wing but they had a man over about 15 times.

Firmino was exhausted by the hour mark. Dunno how he is supposed to keep going like this for the rest of the season.

Think the piss poor squad depth will cost us. On balance the draw was fair but moss and his linesman are well suss. Everything seemed to go one way

• Upvote 1

Can is better than him and he's useless most of the time.

Then stick Can's name in there and the point stands.

Our best midfielder is probably not good enough. Big fuck off questions mark over the lot of them.

Ive seen worse Liverpool midfields but never one so devoid of any quality.

Seen the slowed down vid. Fair fucks, hands up, i think it was a pen.

We have a shithouse midfield offering the defence no protection or control.

They are all shit. There isnt a single player at the club to offer a calming influence. Not one. Haven't had one in years.

We've not had a proper cunt in there since Mascherano left.

Klopp cleary doesn't believe in that sort of player, so here we are.

Maybe Kieta is the guy, but how many windows has Klopp had?

How the fuck can you think its a penalty?

He barely touches him, and it certainly doesnt stop Lamela from getting to the ball or into a different position. He goes down like a dying sack of shit. That is never a penalty, if you think it is you are a fucking maniac.

Agree our midfield is shit. And getting someone to join Keita in yhe summer is important.

• Upvote 1

I can't understand why there are debates about the refereeing decisions today. Two penalties were awarded that were clearly not penalties. That's it. All arguments to the contrary are just wrong and not worth discussion.

But....

They were both penalties.

The only issue on the pens is the offside on the first.

There's clear contact on the second one. And, the first, there doesn't need to be contact. If you rush in recklessly and don't get the man or ball but still impede the opponents run so he loses possession, then it's a foul.

See our pens in the past. Gerrard against Sheffield United and N'Gog against the Brummies.

Our inability to hold on under pressure for just a couple of minutes is probably the most head wrecking thing out of any Liverpool side I've ever watched. It's the inevitability of it.

It is such an issue now for both us and in our opponents minds that it is affecting whole games IMO.

What i mean is this - the dross are happy to just not even try to attack us for ages even if we score and will just try and stay in touching distance going into maybe last 15 or so because they believe they can get something against us....OK we often manage to do them before they get chance (and we have improved at it) but it still rings true...

Then good sides of course will always fancy it and ala City the other week even at 4-1 will keep going and fancy it....look at Arsenal and the 3 goals in 5 mins.

We as a team seem to be mentally weak/scarred and afraid that it will 'happen again' whenever we are defending a lead or seeing a game out and of course the crowd are all anxious as you say 'the inevitability' of it...and every time it happens it just adds more and more 'proof' which strengthens the belief of the opposition, leaves us more scarred and leaves the fans more fearful in every game unless we are over the hills and far away.

It needs sorting because until it is it is gonna kill us.

I also wish we'd stop taking off our fastest threats when under pressure it's an outlet and let's us release some of that pressure it gives the opposition pause for thought instead of just playing into their hands. Even when he's shit Mane's a threat.

Bu that is part of the problem - the way we play the 433 is not conducive to taking the air out of a game. FFS we could have had Salah up top by himself for the last 30 minutes.

Mane is truly shite with his back to goal - anywhere up the flank he is a dead end if he is checking back for the ball. 9 out fo 10 it is played back to the fullback - if he does square it inside we are looking at really only Can who wants to take the ball on his foot forward.

His game is running into space - for the most part so is Salahs. So to relieve the pressure every ball ends up over the top which is pretty easily defended if we are not then on top of them winning some balls back higher up the pitch. By then, fatigue - and the mindset that we are somehow trying to stay tighter prevents that. 

Instead of adding a third CB we should have pulled another fella into the midfield and made it more difficult to pass through - Spurs dont hoof it over the top - they were playing  it on the deck to Alli and Son and they were killing us.

I really thought Klopp was gonna get it right when he yanked Mane for Ox cuz I thought for sure we would switch to a 442 instead of Chamberlain having his leat effective game in no mans land on the left wing while they cut through the middle time and again.

Look at the damage Son did to us checking back, controlling the game between the lines AND trying to get in behind.

• Upvote 1

But....

They were both penalties.

The only issue on the pens is the offside on the first.

There's clear contact on the second one. And, the first, there doesn't need to be contact. If you rush in recklessly and don't get the man or ball but still impede the opponents run so he loses possession, then it's a foul.

See our pens in the past. Gerrard against Sheffield United and N'Gog against the Brummies.

Second one is never a penalty. Van Dijk holds himself back from properly kicking him. He barely touches him and in no way does it stop Lamela from moving or throws him off in any way. Apart from the cunt feeling the contact and trying to sell it like the little prostitute he is.