You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham at Anfield, February 4th 2018

Captain

Let’s stop fighting.

Gutted we drew, like everyone else, but it could have been worse. Should have got the three points but that’s football.

It’s always a bit worse when good reds turn on each other.

Let’s all just agree that we hope the ref steps in dog poo on the way home and leave it at that.

• Upvote 2

Next week in the North London derby, one of Aubameyang or Mkhitaryan will tumble inside the box playing for contact when one-on-one with the goalkeeper just like Kane did, or like a sack of shit just like Lamela did, and get Arsenal a penalty from which they'll score. Pochettino will complain to the officials and in his post-match interview. I'd remind him of what he said in his post-match interview tonight, where he said both the Kane and Lamela incidents were 100% penalties and the officials did a bang-up job.

No its not. That angle makes it look alot worse than it is. No one is disputing Van Dijk touched him. But the cunt is selling it like he was struck by a Jose Aldo leg kick. From the other angles you can clearly see he barely touches him and that cuntbag is selling it.

I dont know, maybe you are trolling. But if you are not you need to go see an eye doctor.

Not trolling. It's a pen. He makes contact. He misses the ball and kicks the man. You've just admitted it yourself.

Yes. He made the most of it. Like Gerrard did in Istanbul.

That's immaterial though. It's a penalty.

Next week in the North London derby, one of Aubameyang or Mkhitaryan will tumble inside the box playing for contact when one-on-one with the goalkeeper just like Kane did, or like a sack of shit just like Lamela did, and get Arsenal a penalty from which they'll score. Pochettino will complain to the officials and in his post-match interview. I'd remind him of what he said in his post-match interview tonight, where he said both the Kane and Lamela incidents were 100% penalties and the officials did a bang-up job.

I don't really have a problem with Pochettino saying that - all managers would do it to protect their players (they're hardly going to admit that their players are instructed to flop).

What I do have a problem with is the way the decisions were reached and the assistant doing a fucking fist fucking pump. 

Watching again on MOTD.

1st Pen was off side even with Lovren touching ball and resetting play a offside decision should have been made before the touch so so ball wouldn't have been in play and so the offside decision was right.

Spurs 1st goal .

Brilliant goal great finish. Only argument why did Karius punch the ball out? If he had caught the ball on 1st cross it would have stopped play so no shot and no goal.

Spurs 2nd penalty.

After a couple of viewings there was contact so some would say a penalty (if it took everyone 2 or 3 views how could the ref and linesman be 100%on 1 view).

Not all contact means a penalty or a foul. If we give fouls just because contact is made we might as well make football a no contact game and I will start watching Chess as thats how football is going. As far as im concerned going to ground for a foul should only happen if you are touched hard enough to be knocked over not just a slight touch.

I'm not advocating Tommy Smith type tackles be brought back but allow tackles.with some contact instead of everything going to the forward player.

Also according to MOTD the ref consulted 4th official who had tv coverage to view incident. This is not allowed under current rules so ref should be banned as he has broke rules. Maybe VAR isn't so bad.

By the way a draw was probably the correct result.

The 2nd one definitely wasn't a penalty, it was reminiscent of the one Young won for the mancs a few seasons ago. If an attacking player jumping into the path of a defender is now a foul then I give up. We've had dodgy decisions for and against us over the last few weeks. The level of officiating at the moment is at an all time low. 

I'm not unhappy with a point despite feeling like we've had another two pinched.

In truth Spurs are the better side, they're further down the road of their development than Klopp is at least unless their manager and leading players depart in the near future.

Not trolling. It's a pen. He makes contact. He misses the ball and kicks the man. You've just admitted it yourself.

Yes. He made the most of it. Like Gerrard did in Istanbul.

That's immaterial though. It's a penalty.

You're falling over yourself to sound unbiased and impartial.

You're falling over yourself to sound unbiased and impartial.

No. I'm as biased as they come when it comes to footie.

But, I just can't convince myself that it's not a penalty when somebody kicks another player in the calf.

It's gone proper GOT in here. Meltdowns, analysing the officials body language and putting forward conspiracy theories of a campaign to stop us winning.

I can't wait for the Klopp mural.

No. I'm as biased as they come when it comes to footie.

But, I just can't convince myself that it's not a penalty when somebody kicks another player in the calf.

It's gone proper GOT in here. Meltdowns, analysing the officials body language and putting forward conspiracy theories of a campaign to stop us winning.

I can't wait for the Klopp mural.

Do you think assistants should be doing fist pumps?  Do you want to see more of that in the game?

How about knee slides for close offside calls?  

This is getting embarrassing now. He gives a non-animated thumbs up signal. It could be anything. Fist pumps? Come on now.

Ah right.  Well I guess you're the ultimate arbiter of, um, fucking everything so I'll just defer to your professional expertise.  

I won't ask what a "non-animated thumbs up" is supposed to be. 

This is getting embarrassing now. He gives a non-animated thumbs up signal. It could be anything. Fist pumps? Come on now.

Have you actually seen it? It's weird. He played a major part in both decisions including pulling play back after Moss waved it off. It's all a bit unusual behaviour for a linesman.

Do you think assistants should be doing fist pumps?  Do you want to see more of that in the game?

How about knee slides for close offside calls?  

For Spurs, the officials even celebrate giving an advantage that leads to a goal:

PettyThankfulEyas-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 1

What conspiracy theories? I've yet to see one. Criticism of officials who seemed to favour one side over the other based on their decisions throughout the game, yes. But nobody is accusing them of taking bribes, or being instructed to do it from on high. But hey, some people don't agree with me that it was a penalty, so I'll throw out some random accusation to try and denigrate them.

Behave.

I've seen the alleged "fist pump" and I think it's a fairly ambiguous action that falls short of showing celebration.

It's a bit strange, I agree. But, I'm not sure it's "a celebration."

Plus, I'm not 100% on this, but didn't the linesman's role in the first penalty incident actually consist of him pointing out to the ref that he might have missed an offside and got the decision wrong?

Why would he do that, rather than just being silent, if we're suggesting he's a Spurs fan, penalty celebrating plant with a Erik Thorsvedt tattoo on his arse?

Madness. I'm done for the night now. It's all getting a bit too weird.