You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Jan 30-31 2018)

tlw content

arsenal_swansea.jpg

If last week was Sam Smith, this week was Will Smith. Unexpected losses for Chelsea and Arsenal and we closed the gap to the Mancs to just three points. A proper ‘Boom shake the room’ couple of days. Can’t really ask for any more than that.

I know we lost at Swansea too, but there are ways of losing at Swansea and the way we did it is kind of what you expect when a big team goes to a struggling one. Loads of possession, missed chances, not much luck and concede to the only chance they have. Not condoning it by any means, but it can happen. Arsenal’s loss was totally different though. They completely embarrassed themselves. 

The Gunners actually took the lead against the run of play through Monreal but Clucas levelled a minute later. Cech then gifted one to Ayew with a terrible scuffed clearance. If Mignolet - or Karius - had done that…. 

Clucas made it safe with his second of the game which condemned Arsenal to their sixth away defeat of the season. Such a soft touch. Arsenal were so desperate they sent on Giroud to try and rescue it. He knew he was off to Chelsea so what was the fucking point of that? They’re a joke aren’t they? 

Arsenal have given Ozil a new deal worth £350k a week. No player epitomises everything that is right and wrong about Arsenal than this fucking lightweight, but he’s cashed in on the Sanchez situation almost as much as Sanchez himself. Arsenal shit themselves at the prospect of losing another star, but for them to pay this flaky bastard so much tells you all you need to know about where they are headed. Nowhere. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for ONE MONTH.

Great stuff as usual, Dave.

Can't want Newcastle to go down while Rafa is there & there are so many other horrible teams / managers in the mix.

People still go on about Ali Daia with Souness but at least he got rumbled after a quarter of an hour , that Joselu has had a career at the top level.

Saw Ibe on Sunday evening at half 9 collecting his takeaway curry at my local. Had his lambo reventon parked outside and his minder/massive friend was telling everyone not to take pics of it. Was thinking how outrageous someone who has achieved fuck all in his career can afford it and what a twat he was but then Wednesday night came and all was forgiven.

Saw Ibe on Sunday evening at half 9 collecting his takeaway curry at my local. Had his lambo reventon parked outside and his minder/massive friend was telling everyone not to take pics of it. Was thinking how outrageous someone who has achieved fuck all in his career can afford it and what a twat he was but then Wednesday night came and all was forgiven.

I work with a girl who’s mate is a sports masseuse. She used to work for him and go around to his house. Said he was a nice enough lad but didn’t seem very professional. She said there were pizza and takeaway boxes everywhere a few times when she went around and joked with him whether he should be eating that shit. He basically replied with something along the lines of it doesn’t make any difference look at the shape I’m in and playing football is easy.

She’s completely clueless when it comes to football and was asking me if he’s any good. When he got sold I said to her you can see he doesn’t seem to be very driven as he didn’t really improve once he made it into the first team. It sounds like he hasn’t give up the takeaways!