You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

VVD making a case for Ake? I actually really like Ake, highly underrated player. Thought he was excellent against us despite the scoreline. Probably another fuck-up that will eventually come back to bite Chelsea, should have kept instead him of buying Rudiger. 

Van Dijk told the Daily Echo: "Nathan is a great player and a great guy and I like him a lot. It is difficult to play against our attack but I know how good he can be. He is doing very well and has so much potential."

For 80-90m you should be getting world class, not a player with doubts surrounding him. Lemar for 40-50m would make sense but for world class money, walk away.

Seen a few Monaco fans getting retweeted after the hammering by PSG at the weekend and they were saying they’d be lucky to get 10 mill for him now. A lot of anger that they never took the money as he’s ‘shit on the shirt’ this season

Seen a few Monaco fans getting retweeted after the hammering by PSG at the weekend and they were saying they’d be lucky to get 10 mill for him now. A lot of anger that they never took the money as he’s ‘shit on the shirt’ this season

Interesting. I'm a bit gutted he didn't go to Arsenal for £90m myself. They've sorted their attack out now with Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan.

Aubameyang especially has gone under the radar because they've been poor collectively but he's consistently scoring goals and looks a cut above the rest. Still think we missed a trick there.

• Upvote 1

Interesting. I'm a bit gutted he didn't go to Arsenal for £90m myself. They've sorted their attack out now with Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan.

Aubameyang especially has gone under the radar because they've been poor collectively but he's consistently scoring goals and looks a cut above the rest. Still think we missed a trick there.

Got to admit, I had a bit of a semi on for aubameyang before January but I reckon we dodged a problem there. I’ve never seen the unspellable Armenian have a good game tho. Hopefully the arse continue blowing up next year as they need a big rebuild that could put them out of reach for years
  • Upvote 1

If they stay shit for years Robbie from Arsenal fan TV will be richer than Usmanov.

He's hosting a show on Channel 4 soon so I think he will probably hand over the reins on Arsenal Fan TV to pursue a more generic football career. I'm pretty sure that all the clowns on that channel only go to the games so they can appear on it. Take Arsenal Fan TV away and most of those 'fans' will find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon while Robbie will be building his own TV career off another bunch of 'fans'.

•  Honza Jan Říha Retweeted Marcus Alves

Oh my goddddd Marcus you better be right my man

Honza Jan Říha added,

Marcus Alves @alves_marcus
    Rúben Neves chegando ao Liverpool. Talisca como substituto no Wolves. As peças estão se mexendo no mercado. A ver

Direct message
Replying to @SGEHJR

No done deal yet, but sides are working on it. Jorge Mendes handles both Neves and Talisca

I'm hoping Klopp pulls another Robertson out of the bag from one of the bottom three to be honest... the sort of deal that takes all by surprise, has everyone wondering what he's up to and then once they're eased in they turn out to be class.  

I think it's been a while since it's the attacking bit that has been Arsenal's problem.

Neves is an interesting shout. Was very good at a very young age, but then lost his way a bit. I haven’t seen Wolves this season, but perhaps he has found himself again there? If so, he could be a canny acquisition.

Not sure he ever really lost his way? He did have a season where there was something going on behind the scenes between him and Porto's manager and he didn't play much, but when he did he was very good.

He's been excellent for Wolves, if you talk to their fans you'd think he's the next incarnation of Pirlo. Of course they have ridiculously high aspirations with their owner throwing money around and Mendes sucking it all up, they talk about getting into the Champions League in a few years like it's guaranteed.

But Neves himself is excellent. I'm kind of torn, because one part of me would love to add a player that young who's already so talented to our squad. Another part of me thinks that next year might be the best chance we'll have to win the league for the next decade and I'd rather have someone for the here-and-now rather than one for the future. Because as good as Neves is, and he's very good, there's no doubt that right now Jorginho is better. Maybe in three years Neves could be better, but he's still 21 and I don't think he'll be at his peak just yet.

Plus it would mean giving up on my dream (which looks increasingly unlikely by the week) of seeing Rabiot play for us.

I'm hoping Klopp pulls another Robertson out of the bag from one of the bottom three to be honest... the sort of deal that takes all by surprise, has everyone wondering what he's up to and then once they're eased in they turn out to be class.  

Looking forward to the return of Crouchie then.

Next season is our best chance of winning the league in fucking yonks.

If the powers that be pull off some excellent transfers I think we'll be well in the mix this time next year. I'm expecting City to have a lull so we need to be on our A game from the second preseason training starts.