You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I have a strange theory, based on absolutely nothing other than a gut instinct of some sort, that if we are really after Zielinski it is not to play in midfield, but rather to be Firmino's backup.

Just watch him play, there's something of Bobby there. Really intelligent, good instincts in a crowd of players, and he's constantly running. Not sure he scores enough goals, which to be fair is a pretty big problem with my theory.

Zielinski has scored 7 goals in 38 games so far this season.

Firmino scored 10 in 36 the season before he came here, and 11 in 49 his first season here.

So not much in it, so I don't think his goal scoring record will be an issue once Klopp gets his arms around him.

• Upvote 1

Zielinski has scored 7 goals in 38 games so far this season.

Firmino scored 10 in 36 the season before he came here, and 11 in 49 his first season here.

So not much in it, so I don't think his goal scoring record will be an issue once Klopp gets his arms around him.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

I have a strange theory, based on absolutely nothing other than a gut instinct of some sort, that if we are really after Zielinski it is not to play in midfield, but rather to be Firmino's backup.

Just watch him play, there's something of Bobby there. Really intelligent, good instincts in a crowd of players, and he's constantly running. Not sure he scores enough goals, which to be fair is a pretty big problem with my theory.

I don’t see it with Zielinski. I think he’s rather shite. I’ve seen him more than half a dozen times since they linked us with him near a couple of years back.

There was someone else saying that all his comments about how he was interested in the Premier League but only to play with a team that played "quick, aggressive football" or something like that to "suit my style of play" was really just because he already has a pre-agreement with Liverpool. If I recall he went out of his way to hint that United didn't interest him because of their style of play.

It's reading the tea leaves a bit but I have to admit I wouldn't be surprised if it's basically agreed. You know Klopp probably has us running like a Bundesliga club and they always have all their main transfer stuff wrapped up by the end of April. And though I obviously wanted Rabiot, Jorginho is a great player and will be sensational for us behind Keita.

A whole new midfield....sex wee

Maybe for the first time in nearly ten years we'll actually have a midfield befitting a top club.  After seeing countless bang average players wear the shirt in that position it would be a thing of beauty.

Speaking to Telefoot, Vasilyev was asked about Lemar’s future and warned interested clubs: "Good luck to those who want him."

Vasilyev was then pressed on a transfer fee which Monaco would accept for Lemar but the Monaco vice-president replied that the midfielder would ‘cost a lot’.

Telefoot also had a quickfire 'do you prefer' session with Vasilyev in which he was given a question and two options to choose from. When asked if if would prefer to sell Lemar to Liverpool or Arsenal, Vasilyev replied 'Liverpool'.

Lemar, meanwhile, has admitted that he was unhappy’ that his move to either Arsenal or Liverpool did not happen last summer.

"I'm not going to hide it, I was a little disappointed. I try not to think about it," he said last month. "I've kept working so that these clubs come back during the next transfer window."