You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Former Newcastle striker Micky Quinn believes Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are the only side in England capable of challenging Manchester City for the Premier League title next season.

Pep Guardiola’s side secured their third Premier League crown in seven years over the weekend and in doing so set a number of impressive records.

It’ll take something special to challenge their dominance next season, but talkSPORT pundit Quinn reckons Liverpool owners FSG will provide Klopp with a handsome transfer kitty in a bid to embark on a title quest.

“I just think that Klopp is trying to build a team to challenge for that elusive Premier League, which they’ve never won,’ Quinn said.

“He’s put the pieces together. They play some sensational football like City as well – the front three are second to none and he’ll add to that.

“I think he’s got a war chest of about £250million to spend on players next season – and he deserves it. Especially if he wins the Champions League, which will be unbelievable.”

Quinn also ran the rule over City’s over rivals, but appeared to rule the likes of Spurs and Manchester United out of the equation.

“I think Spurs are going to be hindered with the ground – financially can they compete with Manchester City and recruit? I don’t know,” Quinn added.

“Manchester United, I think it’s going to be more of the same they’ll be there or thereabouts next season but I don’t think they’ll genuinely challenge Manchester City.

“With Klopp – his passion, his ideas, his brand of football, it’s no coincidence or fluke that he has a great record against Pep Guardiola teams as well.

“It’s going to be a title challenge next season for Liverpool Football Club.”

Quinn is a big fat mess.

Does that mean he is wrong? I couldn't care less about him and his opinions generally but if he's right, that's good news.

If I thought Klopp was going to given £250m to add to this squad, then I'd back him to challenge for the league too.   Logic tells you that's at the very least £200m more than he can dream of, which is why he's got very little chance at all and none of ever sustaining it..

There's going to be many fun European nights though.

I agree with Quinn in that I don't think Spurs , Chelsea or Arsenal will challenge for the league next season.

Chelsea will be better than this season but Abramovich seems to have lost a bit of interest, the manager looks to be on the way out  & I think their upgrade will be marginal in the league.

With Spurs I feel that they may have peaked and along with the financial issues due to the stadium I can see their being involved in a bit of turmoil with contract issues over the likes of Kane, Alli and Pocchettino.

Get our summer buys right & I think it will be a three-way race with us and both Mancs.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Quinn in that I don't think Spurs , Chelsea or Arsenal will challenge for the league next season.

Chelsea will be better than this season but Abramovich seems to have lost a bit of interest, the manager looks to be on the way out  & I think their upgrade will be marginal in the league.

With Spurs I feel that they may have peaked and along with the financial issues due to the stadium I can see their being involved in a bit of turmoil with contract issues over the likes of Kane, Alli and Pocchettino.

Get our summer buys right & I think it will be a three-way race with us and both Mancs.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that and a strong showing in the CL this season may well help attract the right players, 

• Upvote 1

@DominicGallagher

@LFC

Summer transfer window 2018:

Gk- backup to karius (???)

Cb- Stefan de vrij (free)

Cb- Gimenez (40m)

Cm- Naby Keita (already got)

Cm- Max Meyer (free)

Cm- Jorginho (40m)

Cm- Lemar (50m)

Lw- Leon Bailey (35m)

Rw- Christian Pulisic (35m)

200m ? , That's our team sorted @LFC

Dominic Gallagher is on crack. Bet he goes to Asda and thinks his monthly shop will be a tenner.

Hasn't Lemar scored just two goals all season? I thought he looked like a real prospect last summer but he seems to have gone backwards. Is there anyone on here who has watched him in more than a couple of games and can offer some insight on him?

The jury is clearly still out on Lemar.

Why don't we just get his mobile number.

If we're carrying a few knocks and we're short, we give him a ring and play him as "Ben Woodburn" and hope he doesn't pick up a yellow.

Unless he's hung over, in which case just gib him off.

This is a no-risk no brainer and works for my Sunday League team.

@DominicGallagher

@LFC

Cb- Gimenez (40m)

Cm- Max Meyer (free)

Cm- Jorginho (40m)

Cm- Lemar (50m)

Lw- Leon Bailey (35m)

Dominic Gallagher is on crack. Bet he goes to Asda and thinks his monthly shop will be a tenner.

Is he related to SteveO ?

@DominicGallagher

@LFC

Cb- Gimenez (40m)

Cm- Max Meyer (free)

Cm- Jorginho (40m)

Cm- Lemar (50m)

Lw- Leon Bailey (35m)

Looks like a Panini sticker wish list to me.Already got Keita, need Mayer etc.

Rumours that a fee's been agreed with Napoli for Jorginho, terms also agreed with the player.

Quote: Keanu Reeves, Youngblood  " That man is fucking an animal ".

Ps: The girl in it has the most amazing ass ever. I've given the monkey many a spank in my youth to that. 

@DominicGallagher

@LFC

Cb- Gimenez (40m)

Cm- Max Meyer (free)

Cm- Jorginho (40m)

Cm- Lemar (50m)

Lw- Leon Bailey (35m)

That man seems he need more crack.

Don't have a twitter account, but if I had probably only Paulie Dangerously on it, if he'd accept me that is. 

@DominicGallagher

@LFC

Cb- Gimenez (40m)

Cm- Max Meyer (free)

Cm- Jorginho (40m)

Cm- Lemar (50m)

Lw- Leon Bailey (35m)

Get more sense out of Dermot Gallagher

The Mirror reckons we are going to bid 39m for Clement Lenglet. The French centre back from Sevilla with Barcelona also keen on him.

Anyone reckon that Zielinski has an uncanny resemblance to race hate shit stirrer Tommy Robinson?

He looked absolutely brilliant against United.