Quantcast
Summer 2018 Transfer Thread - Page 71 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
AngryofTuebrook

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Johnny Evans for 3m quid!?

I'd rather Jurgen spent £3M on insuring Bobby's dental dazzle.

And I think that dental dazzle is ludicrous.

Shelvey is a lot more talented than half our centre mids.

Correct, but also alot more braindead with his over zealousness.

Report on the BBC that Monaco are 'open' to Lemar going. They must be kicking themselves at not taking £90m looking at his stats this season. Is this about his level or is he sulking a bit after his mates went & he didn't ? Might have worked out well for us with his price reduced if Jurgen still wants him, but might have to get in before the WC in case he has a stormer.

He must be thinking that he'll never win anything at Monaco now. They sold all their best players last season and got battered last night 7-1 even though they were second.

Not sure where Lemar fits for us. Isn't really the same sort of player as Mane or Salah, and with Ox improving and Keita arriving i don't think we have space for him in centre mid.

Maybe we go 4-2-3-1 more often next season and use him on the left of the three.

Loftus-Cheek has yet to sign an extension apparently. He started the season well before a run of injuries. I reckon he’d be worth a punt.

• Upvote 1

Loftus-Cheek has yet to sign an extension apparently. He started the season well before a run of injuries. I reckon he’d be worth a punt.

He is definetly hugely talented. Physically incredibly strong and an engine to match it. How long does his current contract run ?

He is definetly hugely talented. Physically incredibly strong and an engine to match it. How long does his current contract run ?

Apologies. A bit of a non-story unfortunately. He just hasn’t committed to returning to Chelsea.

http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/3458629/chelseas-ruben-loftus-cheek-in-no-rush-to-make-decision-on-future

I just checked RedCafe to see how they’d receive the Maguire news, and surprisingly a lot of them are very positive.

I'm hearing that they're not his first choice.

Finally one i agree with

Lads needs to leave to push on.

Should never have signed his last deal

Like nearly all of Chelsea youngsters, they keep signing contract extensions and go out on loan elsewhere. I just looked on the Chelsea 2017/18 Wikipedia page, and they have 35 players who have signed a new contract within the past 12 months. Dominic Solanke bucked the trend, and it seems like Loftus-Cheek isn't keen to stick around and meandering either.

• Upvote 1

Signed a 5 year deal in 2016.

Not chance we get him. After getting Solanke and not agreeing a fee i don't see them selling unless we blow everyone else offers away

Hope the club are working hard to get deals signed up early this summer. It is a short window for English clubs seeing as the nobs decided to bring the first window in with an end a week before the PL season kicks off on 11 August in the same year as a World Cup. Read the other day we play our first pre season game 13 days after the World Cup final. Madness.

Hope the club are working hard to get deals signed up early this summer. It is a short window for English clubs seeing as the nobs decided to bring the first window in with an end a week before the PL season kicks off on 11 August in the same year as a World Cup. Read the other day we play our first pre season game 13 days after the World Cup final. Madness.

The English players would have been back a good couple of weeks by then.

• Upvote 2

Not sure where Lemar fits for us. Isn't really the same sort of player as Mane or Salah, and with Ox improving and Keita arriving i don't think we have space for him in centre mid.

Maybe we go 4-2-3-1 more often next season and use him on the left of the three.

I think he'd be a great fit in one of the wide forward or advanced midfield roles, just like Coutinho was.

Would enable us to perm any 3 from 4 along the forward line, with Salah or Mane stepping in for Bobby from time to time.

I think Lemar would be an astute signing for us.

Repped for adding a name to the mix not often heard.

He’s a good player, with bags of potential to become very good if he works hard. Interesting shout.

PS - trying to decide on the next step for Liverpool. Do we need ‘sure things’ like Keita for the midfield, or more diamonds to polish? I think perhaps the former.

Can't say I know much about him but I keep hearing De Ligt.

I watched an Ajax game a few months back to have a look at Frenkie de Jong, and De Ligt really impressed me, I didn't have a clue who he was or how old he was, so finding out he was only 18 was even more impressive.

Lamar would be a no brainier seeing as we will have the addition of the world club cup as well next year

• Upvote 1

Hasn't Lemar scored just two goals all season? I thought he looked like a real prospect last summer but he seems to have gone backwards. Is there anyone on here who has watched him in more than a couple of games and can offer some insight on him?