You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Sessegnon is already playing as a winger.

I'd happily see us do a deal for him. You dont score that many goals as a winger at that age unless you are special

Hope it's not Lovren " special " 

Do we even have a chance with him ? didn't he reject us once, or was that just rumors ? I'd love him here, but unfortunately it smells like Tottenham in my book. Hope we can convince him otherwise though.

De Ligt is absolutely ace, but he's a few years away from being ready to start for a title-winning club.

I mean, I'd love it if we bought him, obviously, because he's already pretty good and he's going to be tremendous, but I really don't see it. How much do people think we're going to spend, total, this summer? £150m? £200m? Surely not more than that, and I think we're after at least 3 starter-quality players and maybe a few squad players.

One is Naby, with Leipzig looking unlikely to make the CL that will cost £55m. We're also after a midfield 6, rumours of Jorginho who will be around £50m. And we still need a Coutinho replacement, or at least another attacker capable of playing AM and wide forward. That will surely be the big-money move, because those kinds of players always cost huge money if they're any good.

I don't think we're going to have another £50m to spend on a young CB, as much as we might like to buy one. I can see a committee special for £15-20m at centre back, maybe, and a backup goalkeeper, but I don't think we're talking anywhere near £50m for either a CB or GK this summer.

De Ligt is absolutely ace, but he's a few years away from being ready to start for a title-winning club.

I mean, I'd love it if we bought him, obviously, because he's already pretty good and he's going to be tremendous, but I really don't see it. How much do people think we're going to spend, total, this summer? £150m? £200m? Surely not more than that, and I think we're after at least 3 starter-quality players and maybe a few squad players.

One is Naby, with Leipzig looking unlikely to make the CL that will cost £55m. We're also after a midfield 6, rumours of Jorginho who will be around £50m. And we still need a Coutinho replacement, or at least another attacker capable of playing AM and wide forward. That will surely be the big-money move, because those kinds of players always cost huge money if they're any good.

I don't think we're going to have another £50m to spend on a young CB, as much as we might like to buy one. I can see a committee special for £15-20m at centre back, maybe, and a backup goalkeeper, but I don't think we're talking anywhere near £50m for either a CB or GK this summer.

If we're going to fork out 100 million besides Keita I'll be pleasantly surprised. We know how tight those bastards are. Aren't we in a 4 million plus on transfers since Klopp came here ? 

• Upvote 1

Are footballers in general really so shit nowadays that that's the best people can get for centre back? Both quite bang average centre backs. What next, Shawcross to Chelsea for £40m?

Kids playing more fifa than football has lead to this sad state of football talent imo.

I wouldn’t want any of them but Evans as fourth choice CB cover and home grown for £3m would make sense.

• Upvote 2

De Ligt looks a very good player. Wonder if there’s a chance we can do a deal but leave him where he is for the next year or two?

Keita

Jorginho

Sessegnon

De Ligt

Back up goalie

Midfield transformed. Two young players who are very highly rated? One to come and make an impact now, the other to stay where he is for a while?

I change every day! Apart from Keita coming, obviously.

It will be interesting to see what happens this summer.