You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

A keeper, a replacement for Can and a top front three player. That's all we need.

We can use Can's contract as a reason to go for a top, ready-made player to come in with Keita. With the current 4 plus Lallana, we're well stocked there alreadyady, so we may be happy to wait for the right player again.

Lallana and Ox can also cover out wide (although not ideal) so one signing in the Lemar mould (Son at Spurs would be a great example of what we need) and we're fine there.

If Solanke, Ings, Origi and Sturridge are not deemed good enough, then we'll definitely be going for a striker of some sorts. The sale of those 4 would more than cover someone adequate.

The only reason to buy a centre back or a full back is if a really top one becomes available or if someone wants to leave. But then you could say the same for all positions now, and that's what makes it so exciting.

Keita may have as big an impact as VVD did, and that's scary, while Klopp seems to like a lot of the younger fringe players and would probably want to give them a chance.

Exciting times.

• Upvote 2

60m for a player who might turn into a top player or might just be standing out in a lower league.

If true it's be a daft gamble. Just buy someone who is a quality full back at a high level for half the price.

Same can be said about a lot of these fees talked about for young players with it still all to prove; especially when history tells us you'll be asking where most of them are in a few years.

We already have a quality full back who cost peanuts. If we were interested in Sessegnon it'd be as a potential forward one day.

Can't say I know much about him but I keep hearing De Ligt.

Ajax CB, still only 18 I think. From Leiderdorp so just down the road from me. He's going to be superb but at the moment has a mistake or two in him. Been playing in the first team since he was 17. Dutch media seems to think Spurs are after him. They do seem to do alright with Eredivisie players, especially defenders.

Ajax CB, still only 18 I think. From Leiderdorp so just down the road from me. He's going to be superb but at the moment has a mistake or two in him. Been playing in the first team since he was 17. Dutch media seems to think Spurs are after him. They do seem to do alright with Eredivisie players, especially defenders.

If Spurs are after him, we must be too and we'll just lose out. It's how we roll.

If Spurs are after him, we must be too and we'll just lose out. It's how we roll.

Plays alongside Big Virg in the national side, Gini too, we've got a young squad, Kloppo, CL semi, playing blistering football...which kid wouldn't want to be a part of that?

His YouTube video looks the part. Sign him up Henry you weasel.

• Upvote 1

That's because they are selling their talented young players too early due to the cash offered. Having said that, De Ligt is far further along in his development than an 18 year old coming through our ranks would be.

Here's a decent write up on him.

http://www.goal.com/story/matthijs-de-ligt-nxgn-2018-EN/index.html

It's even in English!

• Upvote 2

United linked with Maguire and City / Arsenal linked with Jonny Evans , just crazy.

United might get away with buying a solid British lump  as they sit deep, but Arsenal and City won't.

Are footballers in general really so shit nowadays that that's the best people can get for centre back?  Both quite bang average centre backs.  What next, Shawcross to Chelsea for £40m?

Kids playing more fifa than football has lead to this sad state of football talent imo.

Are footballers in general really so shit nowadays that that's the best people can get for centre back? Both quite bang average centre backs. What next, Shawcross to Chelsea for £40m?

Kids playing more fifa than football has lead to this sad state of football talent imo.

Agree with that last part.

Far too many kids think FIFA is football these days. Talk about the great goals they've scored etc.

Fuck that,get a ball and get out there.

Saturday morning when i was a kid was watch Gazetta,grab a ball after and out to play. Run home for a sandwich back out playing again with a mini radio on to hear the 5live commentary. In for dinner,wolf it down and back out till its dark. Then the megadrive came out with old school FIFA before MOTD

• Upvote 2

Agree with that last part.

Far too many kids think FIFA is football these days. Talk about the great goals they've scored etc.

Fuck that,get a ball and get out there.

Saturday morning when i was a kid was watch Gazetta,grab a ball after and out to play. Run home for a sandwich back out playing again with a mini radio on to hear the 5live commentary. In for dinner,wolf it down and back out till its dark. Then the megadrive came out with old school FIFA before MOTD

That was my life aswell, great times to be fair.

Hardly ever see kids out in the street playing football, almost never in fact. When I was a kid, you’d have almost every street or two streets merged into one going round playing each other in what we called “Street Matches” or “Tournaments” you could literally walked 5 minutes to a street and just say “do you want to play us?” And it would be game on. It’s sad the way it’s gone lately, it’s a lot of factors I’d say because there’s no chance I’d let my kids do what I did as a child, basically walking the streets with a football until it got dark, societies changed and parents deem it safer to be upstairs on FIFA than roaming the streets. You can’t blame parents from being like it but it takes away a proper childhood for the kids of today.

• Upvote 1