You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

The most goals Costa's ever scored in a season is 7 and that's with him playing in Ukraine and with top sides like Bayern and Juve. But yeah, he's totally suited to playing a wide forward role for us, though.

Fuck off.

Exactly, he's played for Donetsk, Juve and Bayern. Zaha has played for Palace and the United reserves. It's irrelevant because we'll be signing neither.

So take a chill pill, you big fairy.

Pulisic is a very good player but needs to add more goals. If we signed him I’m sure Jurgen would work on that with him. He’s fast, can dribble, has good vision and an eye for a pass. There would be the economic aspect too, as he is the face of American soccer. He is young and would have lots of improvement ahead to come.

However...

I would like to sign him, but we would be paying for the finished article, and over the odds on that too, in this market. Possibly £100M or something ridiculous like that. I’m not sure I’d go near at that price, but we may need to see what the market is doing as that might be the going rate for attacking quality.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion we might offer PSG £100M+ for Rabiot and Draxler and they will take it.

I wouldn't want Draxler. He fucked us off when we wanted to sign him, also - and this could just be hearsay - but i heard he was only interested in how much he was getting paid when we were talking to him, doesn't seem the right fit mentally. 

On the other hand, i think Rabiot would be great. He's ironed out his teammates a couple of times, after losses. He doesn't accept defeat lightly. He's got a hunger and a winning mentality that i think would thrive here. He's also a fan of the club and you need that passion and commitment whenever you can get it.

On the subject of Pulisic, I think he's too young. Great potential but he needs to continue his development at Dortmund for a while longer. It's not fair on a 19 year old kid to come in with the expectancy of competing with three of the best forwards in the world. A talent certainly, but a talent that should be monitored for another year or two.

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo have a big claim in their Saturday edition on Liverpool and Bruno Fernandes.Liverpool are said to be very interested in signing the Portuguese international. So much so that they’ve held meetings with the player’s representatives ‘with some regularity’ to try and find the best way to do a deal.

This makes some sense, especially given Fernandes plays for Sporting. The Lisbon club are notoriously difficult to deal with over transfers, as last summers circus with West Ham, over William Carvalho, demonstrated.

Sporting’s president Bruno de Carvalho is hot headed to say the least and recently suspended most of the squad after ranting at them on social media following defeat to Atletico Madrid in the Europa League.Fernandes has a €100m buyout clause, and that’s what Sporting will ask for. Such a sum is obviously too much money for the 23 year old so, if Liverpool are intent on signing him, it’s wise to have a plan of action which takes into account how Bruno de Carvalho behaves.

Appealing to his ego is probably a good idea, and formulating an offer with a big headline figure, but largely made up up of bonuses, could be the way to go.

O Jogo state Liverpool have regularly scouted Fernandes this season, including against Atletico

The Sporting president sounds like a cunt. His team was very competitive against one of the best teams in Europe and he does that? Knob.

He did it after the first leg in Madrid. They were like the Keystone Cops in defence all game.

Anyway, how much is Sessegnon peojected to go for?

He is gonna be some player. Would be fuckin dreadful if City, Chelsea or Utd got him.

About 60m at least. If Fulham come up and he carries on the way he's been playing then the Daily Express might even start linking him with Real Madrid instead of their 2 articles a day about Salah joining them.

• Upvote 1

About 60m at least. If Fulham come up and he carries on the way he's been playing then the Daily Express might even start linking him with Real Madrid instead of their 2 articles a day about Salah joining them.

60m for a player who might turn into a top player or might just be standing out in a lower league.

If true it's be a daft gamble. Just buy someone who is a quality full back at a high level for half the price.

Same can be said about a lot of these fees talked about for young players with it still all to prove; especially when history tells us you'll be asking where most of them are in a few years.

I've decided we don't need anyone, just make sure we keep this group together. Just put the Coutinho fee in the bank and use the interest to give the front three new 5-year deals.

If we HAVE to buy someone, just buy a bunch of teenagers who can take over in 4 years when Mane/Firmino/Salah start to get old.

As a third choice striker, rather than a perpetually injured Sturridge, Solanke or Ings?

Hell, yeah!

We'd still have our front three and nothing else worth considering and a huge drop in quality when we're forced to play him,

Rather just save money and stick with Ings and Solanke.