You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

3 Stacks in talking shite shocker.

Costa would be perfect competition/cover for the two lads. He's top class.

Zaha has just as many goals in the past three seasons as Costa does and he plays for Crystal Palace.

Don't act like I'm some idiot for suggesting it, when your justification is that someone who's not even similar to our forwards would be perfect cover for our forwards. Idiot.

3 Stacks in talking shite shocker.

Costa would be perfect competition/cover for the two lads. He's top class.

I agree, only thing i didnt really consider was, the fucker is born in 1990. Only 27, but other similar options like Zaha, Bailey, Pulisic are younger.

Still could we get Costa i'd love it. Think he is quality and would really thrive under Klopp.

Pulisic is a very good player but needs to add more goals. If we signed him I’m sure Jurgen would work on that with him. He’s fast, can dribble, has good vision and an eye for a pass. There would be the economic aspect too, as he is the face of American soccer. He is young and would have lots of improvement ahead to come.

However...

I would like to sign him, but we would be paying for the finished article, and over the odds on that too, in this market. Possibly £100M or something ridiculous like that. I’m not sure I’d go near at that price, but we may need to see what the market is doing as that might be the going rate for attacking quality.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion we might offer PSG £100M+ for Rabiot and Draxler and they will take it.

Pulisic is a very good player but needs to add more goals. If we signed him I’m sure Jurgen would work on that with him. He’s fast, can dribble, has good vision and an eye for a pass. There would be the economic aspect too, as he is the face of American soccer. He is young and would have lots of improvement ahead to come.

However...

I would like to sign him, but we would be paying for the finished article, and over the odds on that too, in this market. Possibly £100M or something ridiculous like that. I’m not sure I’d go near at that price, but we may need to see what the market is doing as that might be the going rate for attacking quality.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion we might offer PSG £100M+ for Rabiot and Draxler and they will take it.

Always did like Draxler.

He is good at passing, dribbling, can cross and good pace. Not sure about his link play though but I am sure Klopp can work with him.

Better than Zaha in any case

However...

The premium for younger players seems to be more than finished articles tbh. They are poker chips at that age.

Kylian Mbappe is not the finished article. Dembele has scored what - two dozen goals?

Pulisic may not be the right fit (and he wouldn't command 100 mil pounds) but he is certainly worth say half of Mbappe.

In this market Rabiot/Draxler for 100 is a steal, not sure I see that.

Zaha has just as many goals in the past three seasons as Costa does and he plays for Crystal Palace.

Don't act like I'm some idiot for suggesting it, when your justification is that someone who's not even similar to our forwards would be perfect cover for our forwards. Idiot.

Wait, does that mean you think Zaha is like our forwards?

Doubt the guy has ever moved the ball on with a single touch in his life.

Wait, does that mean you think Zaha is like our forwards?

Doubt the guy has ever moved the ball on with a single touch in his life.

Yes, I think they are similar in the positions they occupy on the pitch and that Zaha has the ability to be very very good playing Klopp's style. 

Adhesive first touch, brilliant dribbler, can play both wings, and loads of top level experience. Yeah, Costa really wouldn't suit us at all. But let's go for a United reject who can't cross or pass the ball instead.

Stick to the ice hockey, lad.

Adhesive first touch, brilliant dribbler, can play both wings, and loads of top level experience. Yeah, Costa really wouldn't suit us at all. But let's go for a United reject who can't cross or pass the ball instead.

Stick to the ice hockey, lad.

The most goals Costa's ever scored in a season is 7 and that's with him playing in Ukraine and with top sides like Bayern and Juve. But yeah, he's totally suited to playing a wide forward role for us, though. 

Fuck off.