You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Guess that means Lemar is not happening then. This will piss them off

Liverpool to prise Christian Koffi from Monaco

In a move that will be undoubtedly seen as an aggression on the part of the Monaco board, Premier League side Liverpool are set to complete the signing of 17 year old attacking midfielder Christian Koffi this summer from the Principality’s academy, according to L’Équipe.

Koffi, an attacking midfielder by trade with similar attributes to Sadio Mané, is the subject of interest from multiple European clubs, but it is the Reds who appear set to grasp Koffi from Monaco’s clutches, with the Ligue 1 side having also offered the player a professional contract.

Knowing Monaco like we do, if Liverpool go through with this and still retain any summer interest in Thomas Lemar, then the French international’s price has just gone up.

Monaco will be looking for the near 90 mill Arsenal were prepared to cough up late in the last window if not more. I do not get this thinking by some people that you have to spend every penny and more of your income. that has never been Liverpools way.

I have no problem with the clubs spending wisely.

Monaco will be looking for the near 90 mill Arsenal were prepared to cough up late in the last window if not more. I do not get this thinking by some people that you have to spend every penny and more of your income. that has never been Liverpools way.

I have no problem with the clubs spending wisely.

No do I, but it’s hard to deny that we’ve been underspending. Not considering the Coutinho money as we don’t yet know for sure if that’ll be spent or not, we are still short quality in depth. I fully expect the chequebook to be wide open this summer, if it isn’t then fans will be right to moan.

That said, the ones with a agenda that will bang on regardless aren’t worth listening to. They don’t care what happens, they’ll moan and piss no matter who. They moaned about Suárez, they moaned about Salah and said they couldn’t finish, they called VVD a bit shit. There’s no pleasing them, so who cares.

Our Champions League performances, not to mention revenue, surely make us an attractive proposition for quality players this summer...

(Though I recall similar thoughts a decade or so ago, before our star player announced his intention to leave.)

Koffi is an exciting young player. We should also take a look at his cousin, who is tearing it up on the international stage. Stephen Annan.

Those two playing together would really help us when the going gets tough.

A United Nations partnership, if you will.
  • Upvote 1

Koffi is an exciting young player. We should also take a look at his cousin, who is tearing it up on the international stage. Stephen Annan.

Those two playing together would really help us when the going gets tough.

Modelled his game on heth-heth-heth-heth Chris Waddle.

Boutros Boutros-Ghali.

Hope he signs in Boston

Linda        What's your name?

Koffi         Christian Koffi, ma'am.

Linda        Like the drink, only not spelled the same.

Koffi         No, ma'am. Not spelt the same at all.

Linda -- Ok got it - so it is Kristian?

• Upvote 1

Hope he signs in Boston

Koffi         Spelled anyway you like ma'am.

• Upvote 1

Hope he signs in Boston

Koffi         No, ma'am. Not spelt the same at all.

Top top movie. Rep for referance.

• Upvote 1