Quantcast
Summer 2018 Transfer Thread - Page 52 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
AngryofTuebrook

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Don'r see it with Grujic, looks like a less talented Shelvey.  Very young though, so could put it together yet.

We need very fucking good midfielders, at least one more on top of Kieta.  I'm, sure pretty much any of the lot on the books at the minute could excel beside two quality players.

He looks like a 'confidence' player to me who needs to build up a head of steam to play to his highest standard. Either he gets that opportunity here and becomes a decent midfielder or he gets it somewhere else to either remain or come back. No point in him returning to get no games but I think if Can goes he has a chance to go up against Henderson and Wijnaldum, especially with Milner a little bit older next season too.

Heston, Maguire and Rondon the spine is taking shape. Does Carlton Palmer still play.

Yes he does but can't really see United selling to us plus his wages would be astronomical

Harry Wilson's apparently been a class above since he joined Hull as well. The pair of them are some of the best players in the division.

He's a very interesting player. Got to hand it to him, he's got his head down and focused on his game. He's 21 now, and has basically never kicked a ball for us, some young players would have lost belief in themselves but he's refused to stand still, he's got a great attitude.

I'd happily include him as part of the squad next season, see if he's got another gear.

Guess that means Lemar is not happening then. This will piss them off

Liverpool to prise Christian Koffi from Monaco

In a move that will be undoubtedly seen as an aggression on the part of the Monaco board, Premier League side Liverpool are set to complete the signing of 17 year old attacking midfielder Christian Koffi this summer from the Principality’s academy, according to L’Équipe.

Koffi, an attacking midfielder by trade with similar attributes to Sadio Mané, is the subject of interest from multiple European clubs, but it is the Reds who appear set to grasp Koffi from Monaco’s clutches, with the Ligue 1 side having also offered the player a professional contract.

Knowing Monaco like we do, if Liverpool go through with this and still retain any summer interest in Thomas Lemar, then the French international’s price has just gone up.

Monaco will be looking for the near 90 mill Arsenal were prepared to cough up late in the last window if not more. I do not get this thinking by some people that you have to spend every penny and more of your income. that has never been Liverpools way.

I have no problem with the clubs spending wisely.

Monaco will be looking for the near 90 mill Arsenal were prepared to cough up late in the last window if not more. I do not get this thinking by some people that you have to spend every penny and more of your income. that has never been Liverpools way.

No do I, but it’s hard to deny that we’ve been underspending. Not considering the Coutinho money as we don’t yet know for sure if that’ll be spent or not, we are still short quality in depth. I fully expect the chequebook to be wide open this summer, if it isn’t then fans will be right to moan.

That said, the ones with a agenda that will bang on regardless aren’t worth listening to. They don’t care what happens, they’ll moan and piss no matter who. They moaned about Suárez, they moaned about Salah and said they couldn’t finish, they called VVD a bit shit. There’s no pleasing them, so who cares.

won't he only have a year left on his contract? (or is it 2?) don't think they'll hold out for the 90 if so....

Koffi is an exciting young player. We should also take a look at his cousin, who is tearing it up on the international stage. Stephen Annan.

Those two playing together would really help us when the going gets tough.

• Upvote 1