You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

that sounds like a blueshite post from preseason when they had high optimism.

Not quite what I’ve said is highly realistic. We’ve already signed Keita and have been linked with Jorginho who in turn has basically stated he wants to play for us, Tottenham or Man City and Ndidi plays for Leicester so I’m pretty sure he’d jump at the chance to sign for us.

According to Mick Quinn we've got a £250m transfer "war chest"

Yea and the same fools will believe that who've bought it hook line and sinker for a few years now.  You already know, they'll be making excuses for why this warchest has rolled over to January 2019.

This window, just like every other window under these owners will be a low net spend with big signings only coming at the expense of big sale.

Rondon has been a right pain in the arse to us both times he's played at Anfield. Whether he was trying to impress or he does that every week I don't know, but deffo worth a look at.

Benteke has been a pain in our arse for about a decade now.

Edit: My genuine opinion on Rondon is that he’s far from good enough to play for a club that wants to challenge for the league and play CL football in the April and May.

That doesn't take into account that we all know that Klopp will almost always go for one in the middle up front & it will be Firmino on the great majority of occasions , so who that is better than Rondon will take the job on on those conditions. We would also not want to pay a fortune for a not-automatically first team signing.

Are Ings & Solanke good enough for the conditions you state ,  as that is where we are at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Would like to see Ox given a far bigger role next year, and also to see Grujic given a go instead of Can and equal to Wijnaldum in the pecking order, the kid has been excellent in his loan spell and clearly looks to have something.

Have you actually watched any Cardiff games or are you basing this on stuff you’ve read. He’s been far from excellent in the games I’ve seen and he still does a lot of stupid shit whether it’s giving the ball away too many times in needless situations or giving crap fouls away. They don’t play great football so I’m not saying he’s going to be crap but the loan there hasn’t shown anything more about him to say he should be playing first team games here.

People can talk all day about Wijnaldum being anonymous and there’s some truth to it especially in away games it seems but he’s never costing us games or leaving the team exposed.

I’m not saying I’ve watched every Cardiff game myself so maybe I’ve caught him on a few off days but based on what I have seen I’d say he needs a year long loan next year to get more experience and hopefully iron out those mistakes which I think are down to nervousness and an eagerness to impress.

If we want to win the league even our squad players have to be ready to play now at our level and I don’t think Grujic is there yet or will be within 6 months.