Quantcast
Summer 2018 Transfer Thread - Page 310 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
AngryofTuebrook

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Bet he goes back into Melwood tomorrow with a microphone like the Wolf of Wall Street and shouts "I'm not fucking leaving!!!!!". Except no one cheers.

• Upvote 2

Bet he goes back into Melwood tomorrow with a microphone like the Wolf of Wall Street and shouts "I'm not fucking leaving!!!!!". Except no one cheers.

Ha ha!!

It beggars belief how there can be such an enormous gap between what whoever scouted Markovic saw, and what we ended up with.

How bad can he be? He must be able to play to some standard otherwise he'd never have made it to where he did. Does my head in when players are such massive failures.

Its a disgwace

I could have offered as much as him,filled in as a ball boy and two footed any manc needed in the 89th minute for a tenth of that

It beggars belief how there can be such an enormous gap between what whoever scouted Markovic saw, and what we ended up with.

How bad can he be? He must be able to play to some standard otherwise he'd never have made it to where he did. Does my head in when players are such massive failures.

I remember watching his YouTube video when we were linked with him. It was basically him being tackled or misplacing passes. Commented at the time that it was the most underwhelming YouTube scouting vid ever.

I remember watching his YouTube video when we were linked with him. It was basically him being tackled or misplacing passes. Commented at the time that it was the most underwhelming YouTube scouting vid ever.

And yet still we bought him.

What's it all aboot like?

I remember reading an article at the time with quotes from Avram Grant saying he was the third most talented youth prospect he'd ever seen after Ronaldo and Messi. 

I remember reading an article at the time with quotes from Avram Grant saying he was the third most talented youth prospect he'd ever seen after Ronaldo and Messi.

Of course he was, or is, talented. Whether or not you take the final step to the absolute top level is more about attitude and character I guess. And I think Klopp is very tough when it comes to those things, if you dont have the right character and will to work hard he’ll not waste his time on you. Ask Sakho.

I'm ashamed to admit I compared him to Gareth Bale after a Europa League game against Spurs. He was fast as lightening and skipped past players for fun. He was a cowardly shit house for us though. Rodgers gave him no chance though - playing him at left back. 

Of course he was, or is, talented. Whether or not you take the final step to the absolute top level is more about attitude and character I guess. And I think Klopp is very tough when it comes to those things, if you dont have the right character and will to work hard he’ll not waste his time on you. Ask Sakho.

Yep. You could see flashes of his ability but he clearly doesn't have the mental part and shouldn't have left Benfica so early. I also remember an article with quotes from Nemanja Matic who was saying that he could be one of the best players in the world if he trained better and that he needed to improve that a lot. Those quotes are pretty telling now, given Klopp didn't even give him a look in.