You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

5cf9648b1c338e6a85d24a4fd71435e0.png

Faaaaarrk. Kovacic will be a revelation in the PL. If there’s a CM in the league as good as him at carrying the ball, then I haven’t seen it.

Genuine question, is he that good?

He’s hardly played for Madrid in terms of minutes and even less in terms of goals and assists.

Theirs about 35 - 45 goals a season in that chelsea first team that I can see and I don’t think that’ll be enough. Unless they bring another forward in

• Upvote 1

Genuine question, is he that good?

He’s hardly played for Madrid in terms of minutes and even less in terms of goals and assists.

Theirs about 35 - 45 goals a season in that chelsea first team that I can see and I don’t think that’ll be enough. Unless they bring another forward in

I checked out an Inter forum around the time when we bought Coutinho, and the consensus was that they chose Kovacic as the player to build their team around and he was the more talented.

I’ve kept an eye out for him since.. and yeah he’s a bit up and down but the talent is definitely there. He’s not as good as Kroos, Modric, or Rakitic yet, but he’s still young. Every chance to reach that level IMO.

I checked out an Inter forum around the time when we bought Coutinho, and the consensus was that they chose Kovacic as the player to build their team around and he was the more talented.

I’ve kept an eye out for him since.. and yeah he’s a bit up and down but the talent is definitely there. He’s not as good as Kroos, Modric, or Rakitic yet, but he’s still young. Every chance to reach that level IMO.

Interesting. Suppose they’re going to play him in that hamsik role. It’s a talented 3 though and Kante makes a huge difference to any midfield but needs goals.

Breaking | Manchester United have opened discussions with Chelsea over the purchase of French central defender Kurt Zouma, according to L'Équipe. More follows.

It’s the evening before transfer deadline day and all was calm… and then L’Equipe claimed Manchester United and Everton have both entered into talks to sign Kurt Zouma from Chelsea.

Highly doubt were doing any business.

Ings out, and maybe Ojo and that will be it.

Mig, Markovic and Origi will probably leave on European loans a bit later in August.

Although the last day mad panic can be entertaining it's pretty good to have our business done early and not to be left hoping like hell we get a transfer over the line.

Mig, Markovic and Origi will probably leave on European loans a bit later in August.

Although the last day mad panic can be entertaining it's pretty good to have our business done early and not to be left hoping like hell we get a transfer over the line.

First transfer window in ages where I'm not desperately clinging on to the vain hope that we'll sign someone. Feels good. Be nice if we did bring in Fekir under everyone's radar but not that arsed if we don't. 

Yeah, I meant incoming. I still think we are short but I don't think anyone can complain at how we've done our business.

Dembele would be fun though.

5cf9648b1c338e6a85d24a4fd71435e0.png

Faaaaarrk. Kovacic will be a revelation in the PL. If there’s a CM in the league as good as him at carrying the ball, then I haven’t seen it.

There’s a lad called Naby who’ll be in the L4 area on Sunday. Pop down and have a look. I reckon you’ll be pleased you did.
  • Upvote 1

When the English window closes, all the players who European teams want to bid for will start. It will be a feeding frenzy for the week or so that the European window stays open for.

I like to think that the deadline has been brought early in order to piss Sky Sports off, because their deadline day coverage had become just too annoying.

Fuck off home, Jim White and have an asphyxiwank with your shitty yellow tie over a picture of Harry Redknapp.

Not embarrassed to say I'd never heard of the goalkeeper Chelsea have bought to break Alisson's record fee.

Will be pretty hilarious if Maguire goes for near the Van Dijk fee today too.

Fair fucks to Edwards and the rest of them - we're blazing a trail in terms of bringing the best players in without getting into bidding wars with other clubs. We also seem to have correctly anticipated that the market was about to get even more insane in terms of prices.

• Upvote 1