You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

(Neil Jones) Liverpool still want – and need – another creative attacking midfielder. Their deal for Lyon’s Nabil Fekir collapsed in June, and Goal understands it is unlikely to be revived this summer. But, as yet, no alternative target has emerged.

Klopp admires Christian Pulisic of Borussia Dortmund, Paris Saint-Germain's Julian Draxler and the Bayer Leverkusen pair Kai Havertz and Julian Brandt, among others, but there is radio silence at present. The Philippe Coutinho money, for now, remains unspent.

Just 3 to pick from Keita, Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Ox, Lallana, or just 2 if we sign a proper number 10.

Maybe there’s some truth in Wijnaldum being on his way out.

Could be. I'd actually like to see Lallana sold, myself. He's a decent player but his value will plummet now with his age. Plus after we buy Fekir (or some alternative) and Oxlade-Chamberlain returns, I don't think he's even getting on our bench most weeks.

Call up West Ham or Palace or someone else with more money than sense and offer him around. I'm sure we'd get some decent offers and could put that money to better use elsewhere.

• Upvote 2

Besides Keita now, Lallana gives us a technical quality that is crucial and that we don't otherwise have in the midfield. Unless the medical people have determined that his body is totally fucked, we can't sell someone like that. 

If anyone was to go I'd want it to be Wijnaldum. 

If Lallana’s body can actually stand up to a season of men’s football, his ability to press and what that offers both for its own purpose and also the knock-on effect of triggering his team-mates may just be worth more to Klopp than whatever he’d raise.

I bet he’ll still be here in May, at least.

Could be. I'd actually like to see Lallana sold, myself. He's a decent player but his value will plummet now with his age. Plus after we buy Fekir (or some alternative) and Oxlade-Chamberlain returns, I don't think he's even getting on our bench most weeks.

Call up West Ham or Palace or someone else with more money than sense and offer him around. I'm sure we'd get some decent offers and could put that money to better use elsewhere.

Can see the sense in that, but he seems to be one of Klopp’s favourite players.

He’s the nearest thing to a 10 in that list but it counts for nothing really if he’s never fit.

Would still love to add Ruben Neves to the mix.

We'll be in for the kid next summer at some inflated, eye watering price.

The problem with Neves is that he's contracted to Mendes.

On the pitch he's ace, his statistics look off the charts and he has a previous relationship with Lijnders. It would make all the sense in the world and I'm sure we asked about it but Wolves/Mendes thing is probably what made it impossible. Maybe next summer, but again, it will be for huge money by then. I think Wolves are going to surprise a lot of people and finish 7th or 8th this season.

Jack GaughanVerified account @Jack_Gaughan 8h8 hours ago

City furious about Jorginho situation. Claim Napoli bullied him into going to Chelsea and said they'd force player to see out last two years of his contract if he didn't go there. Napoli 'unprofessional' and City 'never seen an agreement reneged on like this before'.

giphy.gif