You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has acknowledged Real Madrid are a “great team”, but says he has had no contact from Real Madrid.

Liverpool were last month said to be nonplussed after branding transfer claims in the French media about Sadio Mane as “nonsense”.

France Football suggested Senegal forward Mane had agreed to join Real Madrid this summer, but the doubt, at the time, surrounding the future of Zinedine Zidane had put the deal in doubt.

Zidane has since been replaced by Julen Lopetegui at the Bernabeu, but Mane continues to be linked with Los Blancos with Cristiano Ronaldo seemingly close to a move to Juventus.

Juve responded to that talk by releasing a statement revealing they are “evaluating several opportunities” amid talk they have made an £88m bid for the Portugal star.

Mane and Chelsea star Eden Hazard have been mentioned as replacements for Ronaldo, but Mane, who impressed against Madrid in the Champions League final, says he has had no contact with the La Liga side.

“These are just rumours. I am not aware of anything and haven’t been contacted,” he told reporters on a visit to his hometown of Bambali.

“I remain a Liverpool player and I will join my team-mates in the United States for the pre-season tour.

“Real are a great team, but I am focused on my team, Liverpool.”

Mane, who scored for Senegal at the World Cup in Russia, is still on holiday and not expected back at Liverpool until later in the month.

Clickbait I think , Sadio is a bit hit or miss for Real & his best mate has just arrived at Liverpool.

What date is the earlier deadline day this year ?

6 August I think. The Friday before the PL kicks off on the 11th although there is a tv game on the 10th.

• Upvote 1

LIVERPOOL HOLD GREALISH TALKS

Liverpool have entered the race to sign Aston Villa playmaker Jack Grealish, according to the Sunday Mirror.

The Merseyside club have held talks with the 22-year-old, although the Mirror add Tottenham remain favourites for his signature

I hit a pigeon once smeared shit and blood all over my windscreen. I had to pass it every day on the way to work. I felt extreme guilt. Fuck sake pigeons MOVE OUT THE FUCKING WAY. Don't get this from magpies. A crow would use a zebra crossing.

Crows are smart birds. Have a lot of time for them.

I hit a pigeon once smeared shit and blood all over my windscreen. I had to pass it every day on the way to work. I felt extreme guilt. Fuck sake pigeons MOVE OUT THE FUCKING WAY. Don't get this from magpies. A crow would use a zebra crossing.

Surely a crow would be done for jaywalking.

• Upvote 1

City reportedly sign Mahrez for £60m. They have been signing that Jorginhno from Napoli longer than we have Fekir too.

The Jorginho to City story is a lot like the Sarri to Chelsea story. We all know both of them are going to happen eventually but the fact that it's taking this long shows you that the buying club in both cases is going to end up paying more than they wanted to in the beginning.

We're fast approaching the stage of the transfer window where denials of interest in shite players are welcomed as much as genuine links to good ones.

Never liked Grealish for much the same reason I dislike Tom Davies at Everton - to play with socks down you have to be something special, and neither of those lads are anywhere near that.

• Upvote 1

I’ve always liked Phil Thompson, though the time to buy him was last season IMO. Much as I rate him he won’t be worth the price to bring him in due to the excellent tournament he’s having.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-should-target-harry-maguire-1762164

Agreed. If we wanted a player for that job, we should look elsewhere now.

Still don't agree with signing him

Great in the air and at set pieces but quick,clver players still cause him far to many problems for my liking. For all the praise England are getting that back 4 has been caught out numerous times and made plenty of unforced errors. He was very lucky not to have cost England a goal against by not having any recover pace and getting caught too high. 

• Upvote 1