You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Rumours that Markovic will go on loan to Galatasaray. What is the fucking point?. Do we ever sell any of our shit players?

We had our chance when Watford offered £8m for him last summer. Now it's bitten us on the arse.

I can see similar happening with Besiktas and Sturridge because we're holding out for £15m.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and realise that you can't always maximise what you get, like the Ibe deal. Sometimes you have to realise that the goods aren't going to attract the price you want. The above two being cases in point.

Klopp may well believe in not throwing his man under the bus, in not judging a player on one game... he may well buy the concussion story as the reason for it. It may well be that the World Cup is the delay in sorting all this out rather than Klopps decision making... Maybe they'll go with Mig as first choice for the first half of the season with a view to selling in the January transfer window? 

One thing I don't really understand is why our fans refer to it as a "story" that they have to "buy."

It's a medical fact that he had a concussion, it's almost certain that affected him for the rest of the game and could easily explain the errors he made. If you were happy to see him as our starting goalkeeper next season before the final, then you need to take the concussion into account when deciding if you still want him now. It's not a "story" that the club made up to try to excuse him!

Again, I'm not saying he should definitely be the man - in my opinion he's above-average but if we want to win the league we should probably be looking a bit higher. My only point is that he's not suddenly terrible based on one game that he played while suffering from concussion. If Jurgen thinks that the GKs who are a significant upgrade aren't available and that he can get more improvement for the same money elsewhere (maybe a centre back instead?) I'm happy to trust him to make that decision.

• Upvote 3

One thing I don't really understand is why our fans refer to it as a "story" that they have to "buy."

It's a medical fact that he had a concussion, it's almost certain that affected him for the rest of the game and could easily explain the errors he made. If you were happy to see him as our starting goalkeeper next season before the final, then you need to take the concussion into account when deciding if you still want him now. It's not a "story" that the club made up to try to excuse him!

Again, I'm not saying he should definitely be the man - in my opinion he's above-average but if we want to win the league we should probably be looking a bit higher. My only point is that he's not suddenly terrible based on one game that he played while suffering from concussion. If Jurgen thinks that the GKs who are a significant upgrade aren't available and that he can get more improvement for the same money elsewhere (maybe a centre back instead?) I'm happy to trust him to make that decision.

It was my understanding that it was more medical opinion than fact.

In the statement I read there was a lot of ambiguous terms like, the blow "may" have caused concussion, and that it "could have possibly" affected his performance.

I'm not saying that the club made it up, I'm sure a legitimate doctor gave his honest opinion, but that just amounted to saying he might have been concussed, and everyone is taking that as absolute certainty that he was.

And he was shite before the final, get rid.

The “Has he got concussion again?” bantz every time he makes a mistake is going to be refreshing.

Will it be as boring as the Shaqiri fat jokes?

Because they got old fast. Especially when 99% of tbe people making them probably haven't been in that good shape in recent memory

• Upvote 2

The sad thing about Markovic is that he's got great technique and acceleration. Really could've made something out of himself but he clearly doesn't have the mentality.

We'd be best doing away with the physical element of our medicals, and just send prospective signings to a team of psychologists instead.

Reckon we will see 3 or 4 more players once the world cup finishes. I still want Allison badly. If he asked for my mums number of give it too him. That Sanchez the Colombian centre half looked decent. Shaqiri looks like it's happening. Werner did fuck all so his stock won't have risen. Reckon we could get him for about 50 million.

Reckon we will see 3 or 4 more players once the world cup finishes. I still want Allison badly. If he asked for my mums number of give it too him. That Sanchez the Colombian centre half looked decent. Shaqiri looks like it's happening. Werner did fuck all so his stock won't have risen. Reckon we could get him for about 50 million.

Sanchez is a Spurs player.