You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

From the little i saw of Alisson he looked excellent last year but my issue with him is he 70ml better than what we have or 40/50ml better than what we could get get. Im not sure about that and i think id rather get anther forward in. 

My worry is now though that it was Alisson or nothing and honestly a bit worried it was Fekir or we wait and go with what we have

Young Schmiechel is a really good keeper. Despite his genetic make up, I wonder if we've ever taken a serious look at him?

Don't see it with him at all.  He's been overblown with hype because of his dad.  Tonight's penalties he saved were mostly fucking woeful,   I'd hate to imagine what Leicester value him at too,

• Upvote 1

If we're buying a keeper, it'll be someone in their mid twenties. That's how the transfer policy works now. We buy prospective first eleven players just before they're theoretically supposed to enter their primes. That's why Alisson's the main guy. Anybody younger or close to 30, we're probably not even looking at.

Wonder if us  not wanting to just sign a keeper is anything to do with Kamil Grabara.

Gave him a 5 year deal and getting rave reviews from the backroom staff. Be interesting to see the pecking order when preseason games start

If we're buying a keeper, it'll be someone in their mid twenties. That's how the transfer policy works now. We buy prospective first eleven players just before they're theoretically supposed to enter their primes. That's why Alisson's the main guy. Anybody younger or close to 30, we're probably not even looking at.

Which is really stupid with goalkeepers.

Because they either cost £100m and there are about 5 in the world good enough, or they're shite.

Wonder if us  not wanting to just sign a keeper is anything to do with Kamil Grabara.

Gave him a 5 year deal and getting rave reviews from the backroom staff. Be interesting to see the pecking order when preseason games start

Kamil Grabara is ace. I've posted about him a lot in the youth thread but for me after Brewster he's the best youth player we have. Well, him and Curtis Jones, anyway.

That said, he's nowhere near ready for the first team. At least 2 years away, probably more. I wouldn't think he would be a huge factor in our transfer strategy at this point, other than maybe having us stay away from Donnarumma or any other really young player as a big-money option because in 4-5 years Grabara might be ready to be the main man.

• Upvote 1

From his Offal profile (spot the turd-immersed fly in the ointment):

"Poland U17 international Kamil Grabara joined the Academy in the summer of 2016 after arriving from Ruch Chorzow.

"A highly rated stopper, Kamil is a regular as the U23s last line of defence and also trains at Melwood on a regular basis under the guidance of John Achterberg.

"He is the second goalkeeper from Poland to represent the Reds after Istanbul hero Jerzy Dudek."