You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I've only watched Alisson a handful of times, including a couple of games this World Cup and he looks nearly as dodgy as what we currently have, any club would be nuts to spend upwards of £60m on him.  He'd be an incremental upgrade at a ridiculous price.  For £60m you need a sure thing.

I don't rate Butland at all, but I'd rather have him at £25m than Alisson at £60m.

I've only watched Alisson a handful of times, including a couple of games this World Cup and he looks nearly as dodgy as what we currently have, any club would be nuts to spend upwards of £60m on him.  He'd be an incremental upgrade at a ridiculous price.  For £60m you need a sure thing.

I don't rate Butland at all, but I'd rather have him at £25m than Alisson at £60m.

There's other games that he has played, all season, where he's been very good. I don't think 60m is good value, because that puts you in Oblak territory. I'd sooner have a look at other keepers. 

There's other games that he has played, all season, where he's been very good. I don't think 60m is good value, because that puts you in Oblak territory. I'd sooner have a look at other keepers. 

He dropped a corner kick under virtually no pressure in the CL semi at Anfield, plus was rooted to his line for Gini's headed goal in Rome, both of which Liverpool keepers would have been hammered for. Obviously, Karius' situation in Kiev now means he can only be the #2 at best to start next season, so yeah, getting Oblak would be sound. 

One word: Szczęsny.

Some other words: kept him out of the Roma team.

Oh, yeah. If we're looking for a keeper who does things right 100% of the time it narrows our options to none. He has been one of the top keepers in the world. There's no denying this. 

I agree 100%. I was quite happy with Karius despite a few errors since January. The point was that Allison was automatically cut a lot more slack than either Mignolet or Karius for errors that would've seen them slaughtered. 

It's a massive amount of money for a keeper, unless they are the best of the best of the best. There's no denying this. 

I agree 100%. I was quite happy with Karius despite a few errors since January. The point was that Allison was automatically cut a lot more slack than either Mignolet or Karius for errors that would've seen them slaughtered. 

It's a massive amount of money for a keeper, unless they are the best of the best of the best. There's no denying this. 

He has been in the top few keepers in the world. That's why Real, Chelsea, and Liverpool are sniffing around him at that price. It's massive, mate. No escaping that. But he's up there at that level.

• Upvote 1

We where tentatively linked with the Werder Bremen keeper last week.

My intensive and highly professional YouTube scouting network have given me positive feedback.

Or in other words, from the YouTube clips I've seen, he looks quite good.

Are the links bollox?

Anyone seen much of Cillesen?

Last month Cillessen, who has also been mentioned as a target for Chelsea, admitted his future was up in the air, but claimed he would wait until July 16 to see what Barcelona’s stance on him was.

“I think that I played well in the matches I had in the Copa del Rey,” Cillessen, who has also been linked with Chelsea, told Fox Sports.

“I need to wait patiently. The only thing I know is that Barcelona won’t sell me.

“Arsenal and Liverpool aren’t bad clubs but if Barcelona say, ‘We love you’, then I’ll accept their decision and continue there.

“I’ll wait until we return on the 16th July to see what they’ve decided.”

Melissa Reddy:

LFC to continue negotiations with Lyon over the transfer of Nabil Fekir after the world cup or when France have been eliminated from the competition. Klopp does not want to seek any alternatives on Fekir.

I find that surprising. It would seem to me that if we wanted to do the deal we would have just completed it back when we had him at Melwood recording videos.

Must be a very strange medical issue if we were willing to call off the deal entirely but might be willing to look at it if the price is lowered. Maybe we're trying to reduce the fee by whatever the insurance company wants to insure his knee? Or perhaps we're trying to restructure it so that a greater portion of the fee is dependent on appearances?