You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

In my three years living in India, I only had diarrhoea once. Admittedly it lasted for 2 years & 11 months...

I ate tons of shite off street vendors and small cafes and never got the shits.

I had a nice sit down meal in my hotel in Jaisalmer and then I was up all night spewing and firing jets of rusty oil. Never ate for 3 days after it and lost nearly a stone.

Hearing that the Chinese tourist bureau are having second thoughts about Geoff Woade writing the English copy for their new website.

I could be quite positive if it was for a ‘weekend getaways’ publication.

In all seriousness, it’s brilliant and I loved the experience overall, the people were lovely as well but the norms there do come as a bit of a shock and would be difficult to cope with long term.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/latest-liverpool-goalkeeper-hunt-two-14817739.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Liverpool have no intention of pursuing a deal for either Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope or Lazio's Thomas Strakosha.

The Reds have been heavily linked with both shot-stoppers as Jurgen Klopp looks to strengthen his squad this summer and increase competition for the No 1 spot.

However, the ECHO understands that neither of them is currently under consideration.

Reports had suggested that £18million-rated Pope, who is part of England's World Cup squad, was on Liverpool's radar, while speculation in Italy has focused on Strakosha.

The Albanian keeper has been touted as an alternative target to Roma's Alisson with talk of Klopp eyeing a £30million transfer but Liverpool aren't in the race for his signature.

Brazil international Alisson was the Reds' No 1 keeping target for this summer. But hopes of securing a deal with the Serie A outfit have been dented.

Not only do Roma want in excess of £70million but Real Madrid is believed to be Alisson's preferred destination. The situation will become clearer after the World Cup finals.

Has Pearce ever actually said we are in for a player?

Cannot start the season with Karius, simply can't. Pressure on him, the team and the manager from the get go, idiotic.

Exactly, even the slightest mistake will be met with people taking the piss out of him, saying he might have a concussion etc and that'll be from all sides, us, our opponents fans, and the media will certainly be on his case immediately.

I can let what happened in the final go, I'm over it. But I really don't think he can let it go he's not mentally strong enough to not let it get to him.

Don't know what his situation is with Bayern but I think we should slap the money on the table for James. Even better than Fekir and pretty much the perfect alternative in terms of profile. Crazy even thinking about it, like, but with our Billionaire owner it might just be possible. 

Don't know what his situation is with Bayern but I think we should slap the money on the table for James. Even better than Fekir and pretty much the perfect alternative in terms of profile. Crazy even thinking about it, like, but with our Billionaire owner it might just be possible. 

Bayern have one more year on their loan and an option to buy afaik. But what a signing that could be. He was immense yesterday. 

If we are not signing Fekir then we are left with a 60m and 360pw situation, to go out there and target a 'statement' signing for the club to propel us into the spotlight. Go throw that at Madrid, offer them their asking price for James Rodriguez and see what they actually say when we slap the money on the table, and see what his agent says when we offer to double his current 110k pw wages.

Honestly it sounds mental even typing this out, but money talks in football, and if we are serious in making a statement then we couldn't make a bigger one than this...

• Upvote 4