You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I think that it was more the part about not taking him for free.

Oh yeah I forgot some willies here take every word literally and as absolutes. But to be honest he has had as many injuries as Sturridge and just about everyone wants Dan off the books. Morata just does not look suited to the PL to me. I will add the rider that it is only my opinion though. Just in case.

But to be honest he has had as many injuries as Sturridge and just about everyone wants Dan off the books..

He played near 50 games this last 12 months -- Sturridge hasn't played 50 games in three years.

He has also scored a fair few goals. Pisses on Sturridge there -- Morata may not be a player I covet but everyone wants Dan off the books.

What. He has failed miserably in the league. OK I know people will say what about Mo then but Mo was banging them in in Serie A. Morata has looked like a fish out of water as well as being injured a lot. No way i would have him even on a free if I am honest.

Oh yeah I forgot some willies here take every word literally and as absolutes.

Fucking hell, you’re dim. Point out which bit you didn’t mean then, and explain how somebody could come to the conclusion that you didn’t actually mean it.

Luis Suarez could become the world’s best-paid player if he accepts the reported offer on the table from Chinese Super League side Hebei Fortune.

The CSL side have initiated contact with the agent of the former Liverpool man, with Don Balon claiming they will pay the Uruguayan a staggering €150million in wages over three seasons  – which equates to an unbelievable £839,000 a week.

In addition, it’s claimed the aptly-titled Fortune will also pay Barca their €90m asking price to secure the player’s signature – and beat the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City out of the water, with the Premier League duo also reported to be keen on the striker.

Now 31, Suarez has clocked up an impressive 152 goals and 84 assists in 198 appearances for Barcelona. While the player is happy at the Nou Camp, Don Balon claims he would find the lure of China impossible to resist given the astronomical wages on offer.

My brother married a girl from China so I went over for the wedding and stayed a while. It manages to be the best and shittest country at the same time. I was in constant awe of the flagrant way people there disregard rules, they’ll happily just stop in the fast lane of the motorway, get out and have a walk around, their alcohol consumption is off the chart and the food was incredible for unbelievably cheap prices. It seemed like heaven to me, I stayed in a massive hotel room in a luxury hotel for about 13 quid a night and basically struggled to spend any money of note.

After a few days though, the cracks appear, people gobbing up massive tennis balls of lung butter loudly and firing them 3 inches from where you’re standing, rats running lose in food shops, the absolute lack of any organisation whatsoever. This all pales in comparison though to the horror that occurs after 4 or 5 days, constant yellow diarrohea that gives you about 4 seconds warning before having a serious trouser accident. I still had it 2 weeks after getting back and they thought I had malaria.

In short - I can absolutely see why the players willingly go to play in China based on a quick visit but I can also see why they all try and cancel the contracts after a couple of months. It’s all well and good earning 900,000 a week but you can’t spend it if you have to be permanently welded to the bog.

• Upvote 4

My brother married a girl from China so I went over for the wedding and stayed a while. It manages to be the best and shittest country at the same time. I was in constant awe of the flagrant way people there disregard rules, they’ll happily just stop in the fast lane of the motorway, get out and have a walk around, their alcohol consumption is off the chart and the food was incredible for unbelievably cheap prices. It seemed like heaven to me, I stayed in a massive hotel room in a luxury hotel for about 13 quid a night and basically struggled to spend any money of note.

After a few days though, the cracks appear, people gobbing up massive tennis balls of lung butter loudly and firing them 3 inches from where you’re standing, rats running lose in food shops, the absolute lack of any organisation whatsoever. This all pales in comparison though to the horror that occurs after 4 or 5 days, constant yellow diarrohea that gives you about 4 seconds warning before having a serious trouser accident. I still had it 2 weeks after getting back and they thought I had malaria.

In short - I can absolutely see why the players willingly go to play in China based on a quick visit but I can also see why they all try and cancel the contracts after a couple of months. It’s all well and good earning 900,000 a week but you can’t spend it if you have to be permanently welded to the bog.

See Hades, that's the kind of quality analysis you've been calling for.

See Hades, that's the kind of quality analysis you've been calling for.

After living there for a couple of years my brother is a complete goldmine for quality stories. The Vietnam ‘you weren’t there, man’ look on his face when he tells us about one of the times he ended up in hospital there with some sort of food poisoning. Normal ward but instead of the usual toilet facilities you’d expect to find, there was the classic hole in the ground squatter just in the corner of the ward, that his bed was right next to, with no curtain or privacy wall. He said he’d taught himself to cope but then a doctor came in, noisily used the ‘bog’ and then started to examine my brother without washing his hands.

• Upvote 3

Lived there for six years. Never had the shits like you've described.