You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Depends. There is a proper procedure for players buying out their contracts. Not sure of the exact conditions but I think they have to be over a certain age and in the last year or so of their contracts. If they meet the criteria for the buy outs there will be no problem. Not every Sporting player is buying their contract out though.

The Sporting thing has nothing to do with player buying out their contracts, though. They're basically arguing they have the right to break their contracts for cause because the team let ultras onto the training ground and they attacked the players (there is also a theory that the club president was in on the plan and in fact incited the ultras to attack).

The players union says that all players have the right to break contracts for "just cause." The only legal issue that remains to be sorted is whether this constitutes "just cause" or not. And given that Sporting have let Rui Patricio leave, it seems almost a formality that they will have to let the others go as well. The possibility remains that they could later sue for fair value, as they have threatened with Patricio, but it seems pretty far-fetched to me.

Again, I'm sure we're being very careful but I'd be very surprised if we aren't deeply looking into the situation with Bruno Fernandes in particlar, maybe Gelson Martins as well. Even if we offered a pittance of their real value to Sporting and then gave them the huge wages associated with a free signing, it's still big value. Fernandes in particular would suit pretty well as a Fekir alternative.

Manchester Evening News are reporting that Real are willing to let greasy-hair go this summer and that Shitcoat is on standby.

Isn't this just a cut and paste from two weeks ago.  Next week it will be Bale is free to go and Shitcoat is poised with his chequebook and so on in a never ending circle until one of the three retires or dies 

• Upvote 1

We’ll sign at least two more players, nothing will happen for a couple of weeks though.

Still think Fekir will happen and we’ll sign another keeper but he won’t be of the Alisson Oblak sort, more of the Butland sort. We’ll also end up with Shaqiri. That’d be my guess and I’d be okay with it.

We aren't signing anyone else. 

We're waiting to see who wins the World Cup and then we will eye a swoop with a view to a cut price deal.

It's how we roll.

Arsenal seem to be going about their business in a very quiet way. Not sure how much they are improving but will be interesting to see how their summer ends.

We'll sign more players, it would be an offence if we didn't.

Arsenal seem to be going about their business in a very quiet way. Not sure how much they are improving but will be interesting to see how their summer ends.

We'll sign more players, it would be an offence if we didn't.

Decent players but nothing that has made me feel it will move them forward as much as they need to from last season. Also wondering how player morale will be given the comments from the board & Emery to Bellerin that there are only 5 'untouchables' in the squad including him.

Decent players but nothing that has made me feel it will move them forward as much as they need to from last season. Also wondering how player morale will be given the comments from the board & Emery to Bellerin that there are only 5 'untouchables' in the squad including him.

Does this mean the board only see five players in the whole squad that are definitely worthy of a place in the team? If it is, it's not the best way to motivate the entire squad.