You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Karius is still better than mignolet, so enough with that bollocks. He’s also better than butland, so can someone explain what is the point in replacing him with someone who’s worse than he is just because he fucked up big in one game?

Remember when people said “anyone can do a better job than Rafa”?

How did that go?

Replace him if we can sign someone clearly superior, otherwise what’s the fucking point?

• Upvote 4

Guest Alex_K

It’s already been pointed out that Karius fucked up in the 3 European games preceding the final. He just ran out of luck in the final.

Some random French website is claiming that Mane has a deal with Real Madrid, though it's all in question now Zidane has left.

The best part about being where we are this summer is that you can see a rumour like that and just laugh at how stupid it is. Two years ago we would have all been in full-blown panic mode.

Karius simply wasn't very good before Kiev.  He distributed the ball fairly well, but was utter pants at stopping shots.  Surely, we can improve upon him for very little without too much trouble.

Hell, that Rui Patricio from Sporting is available on a free right now, after he canceled his contract for cause (due to that mental sporting fans attacking the squad).  He's not world class or anything, but he's a solid international goalkeeper thats won a bloody international trophy as a starter.  Experienced, steady, and like I said, available on a free.   I'd start him over Karius everyday of the week.

Butland is ass for Stoke and would be even worse here.

Bultland is not the answer for us and we should aim much higher but if he had played the champions league final he wouldn’t have made the errors that other clown did.

He might do but not for long, unless he dramatically improves his positional awareness, he's caught in no man's land frequently.

I don’t get your point. What else do you expect from a young inexperienced player? Would you have bombed Trent out after the Rashford error?

We either want young talent in the team or we don’t. However, if we don’t, we can’t compete. We cannot buy “ready made” for every squad place.

I don’t get your point. What else do you expect from a young inexperienced player? Would you have bombed Trent out after the Rashford error?

We either want young talent in the team or we don’t. However, if we don’t, we can’t compete. We cannot buy “ready made” for every squad place.

Inexperience in the spine of the team is very risky. We have more than enough money to have quality in every position.

Trent looks a class above Gomez. I'm all for young talent but not all young players are equal, Gomez doesn't look good enough and if we want to kick on next season we can ill afford to be experimenting with players in the heart of our defence.

Trent looks a class above Gomez. I'm all for young talent but not all young players are equal, Gomez doesn't look good enough and if we want to kick on next season we can ill afford to be experimenting with players in the heart of our defence.

How on earth can you make a judgement about him as a centre half? The club sees a future for him; we need to at least give him a chance before he gets written off!

How on earth can you make a judgement about him as a centre half? The club sees a future for him; we need to at least give him a chance before he gets written off!

He reminds me of Andre Wisdom. I think he needs to go on loan and play week in, week out in the premiership at centre back. Maybe I am being harsh but I just don't see how he can ever become a top centre back for us.

He reminds me of Andre Wisdom. I think he needs to go on loan and play week in, week out in the premiership at centre back. Maybe I am being harsh but I just don't see how he can ever become a top centre back for us.

Based on what? I think he’s played once for us as a centre back under Klopp.

To be honest it’s all moot anyway. If Klopp likes him, he’ll get chances and if he doesn’t he’ll go. I reckon it’s the former, but we’ll see.

Some random French website is claiming that Mane has a deal with Real Madrid, though it's all in question now Zidane has left.

The best part about being where we are this summer is that you can see a rumour like that and just laugh at how stupid it is. Two years ago we would have all been in full-blown panic mode.

I reckon it's a matter of time before Firmino is linked with them too. Just going down the list of bullshit transfer links to keep the papers/websites in business while there's no actual football to report on.

Based on what? I think he’s played once for us as a centre back under Klopp.

To be honest it’s all moot anyway. If Klopp likes him, he’ll get chances and if he doesn’t he’ll go. I reckon it’s the former, but we’ll see.

As you say Klopp knows a 1000% more than me or you, so hopefully there is a top player in there. Either way I have no agenda or want to be proven right, like some cunts do.