You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

So you know he has never played in a 3 -- in the midfield. You know 3.

Like we would. He is a winger at best, in a 4 man with two holding - never a midfielder. 

Do you even watch Monaco play?? Have you ever seen their number 2??

He's played in a midfield 3 for France. At Monaco he's played left midfield in a 4-4-2 and behind the striker. He's not a forward like Martial and has never played far up the pitch like Martial. Comparing them is like comparing David Silva to Salah. You wouldn't put Silva in a holding midfield role either, but he's very much a midfielder. 

Except for the times he has played second striker for them -- well up the pitch. And actually where he has been most effective.

He has played for France probably about a half a dozen times. Literally. My guess is never in a 4-3-3, maybe on the left of a 4-2-3-1 once or twice

Both he and Martial would play on the left of our front three -- Martial would do it better. And tbh, be just as creative as he has a bucket of assists to go with a bunch more goals than young Thomnas -- in the league we are talking about. Which is a bit quicker and more physical. And the Martial could lead the line effectively.

We know this.

Mate, Lemar is a midfielder and Martial is a forward. I don't know what else to tell you. We could sign both and have Lemar play in midfield with Martial in the front three and it would make sense. There is no comparison or competition between them.

Martial is similar to Dembele or Mbappe. Lemar is completely different. You clearly know nothing about him. 

OK Mate -- simple question and we can leave it -- did you see France in qualifying and have you ever watched Monaco? 

Clearly.

Yes. I watch almost every France match as it is the national team I support and Ligue 1 is the league I watch regularly along with the Premier League. I don't watch any other league regularly anymore. 

Yes. I watch almost every France match as it is the national team I support and Ligue 1 is the league I watch regularly along with the Premier League. I don't watch any other league regularly anymore. 

I dont believe you. How would you suggest France has run out in a 4-3-3?

Which match?

How have you not seen Lemar as the second striker?

I think you are fibbing fella.

I dont believe you. How would you suggest France has run out in a 4-3-3?

Which match?

How have you not seen Lemar as the second striker?

I think you are fibbing fella.

Lol, ok buddy. First of all, I said right above that he's played #10, but you chose to not read that, I guess. 

Secondly, read or translate this: "Lemar a le plus souvent joué comme un 3e milieu face aux Colombiens, avec Matuidi et Kanté, transformant par son mouvement le 4-4-2 des Bleus en 4-3-3."

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/football/equipe-de-france/equipe-de-france-thomas-lemar-indispensable-aux-bleus-5645223

This is recently against Colombia.

I'll expect the apologies in your next post. 

Stacksy -- that is a friendly -- they have never played Colombia (sic) competitively since Lemar has been in the side (in fact maybe since he was born).

If you want to suggest Lemar could play now, in our system, as a Coutinho replacement on the left of a our front three -  I will agree. He can also take a free kick and he can dribble past. He has never, ever played in that system (4-3-3-) as a midfielder. A winger (4-4-2) yes.

Or that level (England) . Maybe he could, but I don't see it.

For me - Martial is a far better option for our side on the left - very direct with the power to finish in the league, this league -- not France friendlies - a like for like with Mane. And more useful upfront . So a better - and cheaper - option for somebody (unfortunately probably not us) -- that is where we started. 

People watch French footy?

Yes, mate. I like it. Lots of great young players and Im of French heritage. A bit like how you watch Dutch footy.

Stacksy -- that is a friendly -- they have never played Colombia (sic) competitively since Lemar has been in the side (in fact maybe since he was born).

If you want to suggest Lemar could play now, in our system, as a Coutinho replacement on the left of a our front three -  I will agree. He can also take a free kick and he can dribble past. He has never, ever played in that system (4-3-3-) as a midfielder. A winger (4-4-2) yes.

Or that level (England) . Maybe he could, but I don't see it.

For me - Martial is a far better option for our side on the left - very direct with the power to finish in the league, this league -- not France friendlies - a like for like with Mane. And more useful upfront . So a better - and cheaper - option for somebody (unfortunately probably not us) -- that is where we started. 

It doesn't matter that it's a friendly. It was a World Cup tuneup, they had strong squads. Just admit you were wrong, mate. No shame in that. 

And of course you don't see it, because you don't actually know what type of player he is, which is why you compared him to Martial. And then you called me a liar, despite the fact you knew nothing about him and I was trying to help you out. Not a good look, bud. 

Adieu Stacksy (thats French pal) your young fella kinda has done it once - in a serious friendly-- you are looser than Harry Magiures boots. On a cold night in Stoke. In the rain.

Dont let anyone tell you that is not world class.

Stacksy 1 Howard 0. 

Adieu Stacksy (thats French pal) your young fella kinda has done it once - in a serious friendly-- you are looser than Harry Magiures boots. On a cold night in Stoke. In the rain.

Dont let anyone tell you that is not world class.

Lols. It’s genuinely funny that I’ve made Harry into a joke figure. He’s actually a good player. Won two player of the year awards at Leicester. Oh well.

Lols. It’s genuinely funny that I’ve made Harry into a joke figure. He’s actually a good player. Won two player of the year awards at Leicester. Oh well.

Pretty impressive that, considering he's only been there for one season. Must have big skills.

• Upvote 2

Two! At Leicester! In only 38 games? Oh my days!

I actually think he will end up at a decent-sized club, but he's the wrong style for us. He'd do well for Mourinho at Utd.