You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

"Navas was caught out at his near post by Bayern full-back Joshua Kimmich for the opening goal at the Allianz Arena, but later redeemed himself with a number of top saves from Franck Ribery."

Sounds like Mignolet in our League Cup Final against City a couple of seasons back.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/real-madrid/story/3472293/real-madrids-keylor-navas-i-have-shown-character-after-early-mistake

"Just when you thought it couldn’t happen, Keylor Navas gave Juventus a helping hand during their incredible comeback against Real Madrid.

They got it in the most fortunate of fashions when Keylor Navas dropped the ball at the feet of Blaise Matudi.

Navas had been pretty reliable throughout the game and has been decent so far this season.

Though, there was no sugar coating just how poor he was for the goal, failing to catch the ball right in front of Matuidi.

"

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/everyone-trolls-keylor-navas-juventus-complete-real-madrid-comeback/

"Navas was caught out at his near post by Bayern full-back Joshua Kimmich for the opening goal at the Allianz Arena, but later redeemed himself with a number of top saves from Franck Ribery."

Sounds like Mignolet in our League Cup Final against City a couple of seasons back.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/real-madrid/story/3472293/real-madrids-keylor-navas-i-have-shown-character-after-early-mistake

"Just when you thought it couldn’t happen, Keylor Navas gave Juventus a helping hand during their incredible comeback against Real Madrid.

They got it in the most fortunate of fashions when Keylor Navas dropped the ball at the feet of Blaise Matudi.

Navas had been pretty reliable throughout the game and has been decent so far this season.

Though, there was no sugar coating just how poor he was for the goal, failing to catch the ball right in front of Matuidi.

"

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/everyone-trolls-keylor-navas-juventus-complete-real-madrid-comeback/

Heynckes: Real can thank Keylor for their qualification

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/05/01/5ae8dffe468aeb13348b4663.html

dockers_strike,

You'd do well not to consider what Florentino Perez wants as cast-iron proof of anything. He's a slightly less narcissistic version of Donald Trump, prone to acting on a whim and ignoring the advice and opinions of (far more) knowledgeable people.

I'd also be inclined to NOT describe any Real Madrid players as shite prior to us playing them. We've been stung for such opinions countless times when facing teams and players we've written off beforehand.

dockers_strike,

You'd do well not to consider what Florentino Perez wants as cast-iron proof of anything. He's a slightly less narcissistic version of Donald Trump, prone to acting on a whim and ignoring the advice and opinions of (far more) knowledgeable people.

I'd also be inclined to NOT describe any Real Madrid players as shite prior to us playing them. We've been stung for such opinions countless times when facing teams and players we've written off beforehand.

Hey, I just said in my opinion I think he is shite. I do not think Navas will have a shite game or a brilliant one down to what I think. Seems people cannot express their opinions here.

Comparing him to Simon Mignolet. Jesus Christ!

So you denying those two Mignolet-esque gaffs did not happen. Fact of the matter is he has made Mignolet-esque mistakes in his last couple of CL games. Strange how people pan Mignolet for that yet another keeper does it and well it is wiped from history.

Here is hoping he has a shit game in Kiev. Or are you hoping he proves you right. What a conundrum.

Paul Joyce reporting today that Liverpool fear Rhian Brewster will sign for Borussia Monchengladbach in the summer. Brewster has never signed a professional contract at LFC despite offers when he was 17 and 18.

There is also interest in Brewster from Spurs but the Germans are favourites for the youngster who the Reds signed from Chelsea when he was 15. If the move takes place, Brewster will follow in the footsteps of Jadon Sancho who left Man City for BM last summer. Sancho has made 6 league starts this season, creating 4 goals.

The likely departure is claimed to be, “amicable”, but Klopp is said to be disappointed but hopeful Brewster will stay, having been promoted from the academy to the first team squad since recovering from ankle surgery in January.

Apparently they've offered him millions.
  • Upvote 2

Joyce made no mention of that in his article.

I wondered what the catch was.

It will be a real shame if Brewster leaves.

Cheers.

If they offered him decent wages, signing bonus and a reasonable release clause, it makes sense for him, since he can expect a lot of first team football there, and if he makes it, the release clause would make him free to go where he wants in a couple of years. Player power shift and all that.

Joyce made no mention of that in his article.

I wondered what the catch was.

It will be a real shame if Brewster leaves.

Cheers.

If they offered him decent wages, signing bonus and a reasonable release clause, it makes sense for him, since he can expect a lot of first team football there, and if he makes it, the release clause would make him free to go where he wants in a couple of years. Player power shift and all that.

It's a gag from Cloggy , guys,

Brewsters Millions

So you denying those two Mignolet-esque gaffs did not happen. Fact of the matter is he has made Mignolet-esque mistakes in his last couple of CL games. Strange how people pan Mignolet for that yet another keeper does it and well it is wiped from history.

Here is hoping he has a shit game in Kiev. Or are you hoping he proves you right. What a conundrum.

I'm not denying he makes mistakes, every goalkeeper does. I'm saying his mistakes are few and far between and his great saves are numerous. Just the fact that you've used the Bayern games as a stick to beat him with shows your agenda. If we're going there, why don't you pull up the 4-5 saves he made to keep Real Madrid in the tie?