You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

RMC Sport:

Real Madrid is set to offer €70 million for Roma goalkeeper Alisson. Several meetings have already occurred between the player's entourage and the Spanish club. https://t.co/Z2mHl3scCM

Find it odd. Navas has been class for them. And i would have imagined if they would be going for anyone it would be Oblak.

There is gonna be a quality goalkeeper out of a job and we should do all we can to get him. Sure Karius has been okay since given the confidence, but has he made any holy fucking shit saves?

Oblak makes obe or two per game and he doesnt make mistakes. Get him.

Find it odd. Navas has been class for them. And i would have imagined if they would be going for anyone it would be Oblak.

There is gonna be a quality goalkeeper out of a job and we should do all we can to get him. Sure Karius has been okay since given the confidence, but has he made any holy fucking shit saves?

Oblak makes obe or two per game and he doesnt make mistakes. Get him.

Perez has wanted rid of Navas for at least the last season. He knows Navas is shite and I agree with him.

• Upvote 2

Nice to see you used the break from the site to work on your punning skills.

Welcome back.

Oh thanks mate.

How is this latest season of TLW? I saw they added a new title and a wacky blogger character on the GF? Jumping the shark much?

The part where you said the keeper for the most successful side in Champions League history was shite. And by the way, The Express, The Star and a bunch of articles written from twitter rumours are not reliable sources.

Funny, I said I was agreeing with Perez who thinks he is shite. And that is the bit you missed irrespective of whether it is reported in the express or wherever. But carry on ignoring the substance of the post rather than who posted it eh.

Every few years Perez shitcans a player for the sake of spending money.  Don't think Navas is going to be a Makelele type loss for them, but wouldn't hold his opinion in any esteem whatsoever.

Navas is an excellent keeper.  Don't know if he'd be strong enough in the air to step into the Premiership at this point in his career though.

Every few years Perez shitcans a player for the sake of spending money.  Don't think Navas is going to be a Makelele type loss for them, but wouldn't hold his opinion in any esteem whatsoever.

Navas is an excellent keeper.  Don't know if he'd be strong enough in the air to step into the Premiership at this point in his career though.

How can he be excellent if there are doubts about his ability in the air. That makes him out to just be a shot stopper. He is likely fortunate to be competant playing behind what has been a very good team. he has made gaffs the type Karius and Mignolet have been slaughtered for. I am not saying he is on their level although one or two here will try and make it out I have.

Because different leagues, both in terms of style of play and the officiating, place different demands on players' abilities.

That’s a fair point in terms of goalkeepers. Regardless of qualities, not every one of them will be suited to getting Shawcrossed or Maguired every week

I don't think people have any idea how to judge goalkeepers. When a two time Champions League winner and someone who carried Costa Rica to the World Cup Quarter Finals is labelled as shit, there's a problem. 

That Djimi Traore was brilliant. Oh and I forgot about El Hadj Diouf carrying his country in the World Cup. That worked well didnt it.

I don't think people have any idea how to judge goalkeepers. When a two time Champions League winner and someone who carried Costa Rica to the World Cup Quarter Finals is labelled as shit, there's a problem.

Manuel Neuer over here.

Navas is a serial winner. Those two have singular achievements. Terrible argument. 

Your argument is undermined by Perez and the fact once again you misrepresent what I posted. By your argument several Manchester United players like Ashley Young and Phil Jones who are serial winners are not shite either. Yes your argument is terrible.

Paul Joyce reporting today that Liverpool fear Rhian Brewster will sign for Borussia Monchengladbach in the summer. Brewster has never signed a professional contract at LFC despite offers when he was 17 and 18.

There is also interest in Brewster from Spurs but the Germans are favourites for the youngster who the Reds signed from Chelsea when he was 15. If the move takes place, Brewster will follow in the footsteps of Jadon Sancho who left Man City for BM last summer. Sancho has made 6 league starts this season, creating 4 goals.

The likely departure is claimed to be, “amicable”, but Klopp is said to be disappointed but hopeful Brewster will stay, having been promoted from the academy to the first team squad since recovering from ankle surgery in January.

Your argument is undermined by Perez and the fact once again you misrepresent what I posted. By your argument several Manchester United players like Ashley Young and Phil Jones who are serial winners are not shite either. Yes your argument is terrible.

Man you're annoying. Key players for teams who have won multiple big trophies are by definition not shite. So no, Navas is not shite. 

• Upvote 2

Paul Joyce reporting today that Liverpool fear Rhian Brewster will sign for Borussia Monchengladbach in the summer. Brewster has never signed a professional contract at LFC despite offers when he was 17 and 18.

There is also interest in Brewster from Spurs but the Germans are favourites for the youngster who the Reds signed from Chelsea when he was 15. If the move takes place, Brewster will follow in the footsteps of Jadon Sancho who left Man City for BM last summer. Sancho has made 6 league starts this season, creating 4 goals.

The likely departure is claimed to be, “amicable”, but Klopp is said to be disappointed but hopeful Brewster will stay, having been promoted from the academy to the first team squad since recovering from ankle surgery in January.

He needs to amend his article. Sancho went to Dortmund, not Gladbach.

Oh thanks mate.

How is this latest season of TLW? I saw they added a new title and a wacky blogger character on the GF? Jumping the shark much?

The new character is creating a couple of new plot lines and stirring things a bit, but he is in constant danger of being killed off as too many long established characters find him annoying. On the other hand, a discernible shortage of wacky characters may save him, since many of the most memorable moments that make the forum what it is have been created by such contributors in the past. You always need a spectrum.

There has also been some flouncing from the people you would least expect it from. Other than that, it's been strong and stable, if a bit predictable, with most other characters still acting along the originally devised plot lines and staying within their character-appropriate dialogue.  

Don't give up, I think there is still a couple of watchable seasons left in the show.

• Upvote 1

Man you're annoying. Key players for teams who have won multiple big trophies are by definition not shite. So no, Navas is not shite. 

Annoying because someone has countered your comments. Cool.

I am sure Ashley Young will be delighted to know you have proved he is not shite. But whatever. The fact is Perez has been wanting rid of him for at least 12 months. And if there are question marks over his ability in the air he aint excellent in my book.