Quantcast
Summer 2018 Transfer Thread - Page 108 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

AngryofTuebrook

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

It just shows you how the quality of these youth tournaments is no parameter. The best young talents don't usually play in them anyway.

Based solely on youtube clips, I'd love us to sign nabil fecker or tony pulisic. Not the best way to judge a player, I know, but I don't the time or the desire to watch full games of footy if it doesn't concern Liverpool. 

Not sure who'd suit us best but they both look brilliant. What do you reckon the chances are of us signing either of these?

BREAKING: 23-year old Barcelona center-back Yerry Mina will move to Liverpool next season. Barcelona and Liverpool have agreed a one year loan for the Colombian. [@ElChiringuitoTV] https://t.co/T88GDFyUn4

Seems a bit of an odd one, this.

Not that he's looked a terrible player at Barca in his brief time there. Just that we'd be interested in a one-year loan deal on a 23-year old centre back. Must be an option for us to buy him in there or it makes very little sense at all.

Not that he's looked a terrible player at Barca in his brief time there. Just that we'd be interested in a one-year loan deal on a 23-year old centre back. Must be an option for us to buy him in there or it makes very little sense at all.

Where's the yacht money, John?

Oh, I see...

BREAKING: 23-year old Barcelona center-back Yerry Mina will move to Liverpool next season. Barcelona and Liverpool have agreed a one year loan for the Colombian. [@ElChiringuitoTV] https://t.co/T88GDFyUn4

If Barca want to send him on loan to free up a non-EU spot in their squad for another player, how exactly does that work in terms of whether he would need a work permit in England or not?

If Barca want to send him on loan to free up a non-EU spot in their squad for another player, how exactly does that work in terms of whether he would need a work permit in England or not?

He would have to satisfy the Department for Works player eligibility criteria I think. In other words he would not be a shoe in to play here so that story could be rubbish.

It's odd until you remember that 99% of transfer rumours are made up bollocks and this one almost certainly falls into that category.

I´ve been keeping an eye on Mina since he was at Santa Fe here in Colombia a few years back. It´s probably bollocks as he´s only in the door at Barca after a protracted enough transfer, but if there´s a chance, we should take it. He´s got the physical presence to be suited to the game in England and even though he´s a tall lad (bout 6 4 I think) he´s no slouch and he can play a bit too. Would be a great threat from set plays too. Like I said, probably bollocks as like any South American, getting to Barca has been a big thing for him. Was always going to need time to setlle in there after moving to Europe, but wouldn´t surprise me if he featured a lot more next year. If there´s any truth in it and there´s a chance, do it, and do it before the World Cup as he could easily be a break out player there.

• Upvote 1