You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

It’s loan for a year that becomes a permanent deal for £18m with £2m in appearance add-ons and a 20% sell on clause. Sensational business by Edwards. Again.

I'm not so sure. I feel there must be a get out clause or two around his fitness, otherwise why don't Southampton just pay the transfer fee and buy him now? Hope I'm wrong cos if Ings stays fit and has a good season £20m will probably seem like a steal for Southampton with the way transfer fees have gone.

Bascombe said

“Despite both clubs insisting his next 12 months is part of a loan deal, the 26-year-old has signed a four-year contract until 2022. Liverpool will also receive 20 per cent of any future sale of Ings”

It was apparently something to do with a complicated payment structure which would have pushed the deal past 17:00. The initial year loan allowed them to get it done.

• Upvote 2

It’s loan for a year that becomes a permanent deal for £18m with £2m in appearance add-ons and a 20% sell on clause. Sensational business by Edwards. Again.

Yeah, agreed. He's doing good business. We don't panic buy, we don't panic sell to try to get a penny to spend, things are planned, we don't buckle easily, and we do things that are best for us and do it for the long term success rather than the short term.

Things are going *touch wood* well.

Bascombe said

“Despite both clubs insisting his next 12 months is part of a loan deal, the 26-year-old has signed a four-year contract until 2022. Liverpool will also receive 20 per cent of any future sale of Ings”

It was apparently something to do with a complicated payment structure which would have pushed the deal past 17:00. The initial year loan allowed them to get it done.

Happy days then.

Yeah, agreed. He's doing good business. We don't panic buy, we don't panic sell to try to get a penny to spend, things are planned, we don't buckle easily, and we do things that are best for us and do it for the long term success rather than the short term.

Things are going *touch wood* well.

Better than going 'Woodward' I suppose. 

I'll get me coat. 

• Upvote 1

Meanwhile the Manc supporters are busy preparing a giant wooden man for Ed Woodward.

• Upvote 1

Just heard on Sky News that they’re blaming Brexit. Apparently deals are 30% more expensive than they were.

On the other hand, we've shown a commitment to large fees that we've never done before. Most expensive defender and goalkeeper in history in the space of six months.

Our people have obviously decided that prices will get even more obscene over the coming windows.

On the other hand, we've shown a commitment to large fees that we've never done before. Most expensive defender and goalkeeper in history in the space of six months.

Our people have obviously decided that prices will get even more obscene over the coming windows.

Yeah it’s just an excuse. That stadium will pay off in the long term, but I reckon it will be a millstone when it comes to the transfer market for the next 10 years or so.

• Upvote 1

I think it sums up what most of us feel, in a world full of pampered tarts Ings stood out, a genuinely nice guy who had fuck all luck.

Wish him all the best, obviously not against us though.

He's had more luck than most of us, and scores of millions in far worse situations than us, could ever dream about. He's played for Liverpool and already has more money than he'll ever need.

• Upvote 2

Just heard on Sky News that they’re blaming Brexit. Apparently deals are 30% more expensive than they were.

Wouldn't an organisation that has a turnover of hundreds of millions of pounds, that operates in a global market place, hedge against foreign currency fluctuations? Levy's too smart not to. Blaming Brexit sounds like a good, contemporary, excuse that the locals will lap up in London. 

Anybody reckon that there's some behind the scenes rumours around Poch going to United next year?

United haven't backed Mourinho, so maybe they think the writings on the wall, and if he can't perform with what he's spent and the squad he's got then he's out.

And Levy knows that Poch is their next target for management, so he's pre-empting having to get a new manager in himself and plans on giving him this years transfer kitty.

9487a7c595516f2b55012438de0747a0.jpg

Really gets the noggin joggin.