You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Pretty much sums up my experience too. From what little I've seen he looks decent, but when it's a big game he doesn't seem to be anywhere near the starting eleven.

He's had to compete with Kroos-Modric and Rakitic-Modric at club and nation level though. Would any of our own midfielders got in ahead of these? Seriously doubt it.

My reaction to Spurs and Utd making fuck all signings:

evil-laugh.gif

Talktwaddle just said Newcastle failed in their attempt to sign Klavan from Liverpool.

Must say it’s the first I heard of that potential transfer.

The program also pointed out if Spurs fail to buy anyone, they will be the first Premiership club not to sign a player during a transfer window since its introduction in 2003. The closest club to this achievement was Leeds, whose only signing was Jody Morris on a "free" some years ago.

I could understand Man City not investing in their squad during this transfer window, but for Spurs not to strengthen is very surprising in this day and age. The cost of their new stadium scuppered Arsenal, it could do the same for Tottenham.

Let’s hope so.

The Spurs window is going to be catastrophic for them I think. They had a paper thin squad anyway and as it always is in the premier league if you’re standing still you’re going backwards. Kane and Alli looked dead on their feet at the World Cup. Most of their team were there as well. I just can’t see them keeping the form up for another season. As the seasons go by it gets closer and closer to their best players leaving and them having to rebuild as well. While they aren’t capitalising on the luck they’ve had with Kane and Alli they are missing an opportunity that doesn’t come around all the time.

When you look around everyone is in a bit of a state other than ourselves and City. I think market being the way it is has changed the game. The value of players is so high that it’s a risk for everyone now probably bar city. Clubs like Leicester aren’t being bullied into losing their players. They kept hold of Mahrez for another season last year and it looks like Maguire is staying this time around.

• Upvote 1

Who've Everton signed blue nose in work just said they'll get champions league this year.

Bernard (14 goals in 96 games striker - ERIT: Sorry, winger - shows how much attention I've paid to him).

Possibly Mina (all gone a bit quiet since he was having his medical).

Possibly Zuma on loan (no medical mentioned -just a race against time for paperwork).

Possibly Gomes on loan (shit midfielder wanted by nobody - Barca couldn't give him away - and is currently injured).

• Upvote 1