You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

The Alpine Hobbit delivers again.  There's a nice link up going on between him and Sturridge.  Hopefully it'll be productive for the 3 games that Sturridge is fit enough to play this season.

Sturridge looks far more of an all round player than I've ever seen him.  Maybe not breaking into sprints means he'll manage as many as 4 games in a season.........

He definitely looks sharp though.

Kepa will be a quality keeper in the future but you just know the English media will ruin him when he makes a mistake. Merson and co will be banging the drum for Chelsea to resign Cech. Prem proven and all that bollocks

Kepa is very calm and composed for a young keeper. But because Bilbao don’t have to sell, Chelsea will be forced to pay the full €80m release clause

With Gomez out of tonights friendly with a minor issue, maybe we should be looking at buying a rocky type centre back, i.e. a guy who's like a piece of iron. We could be going into west ham game with Phillips partnering van dijk

Maybe we might be looking at Fabinho partnering VvD in the short term. Looked more than comfortable when he dropped back there.

Kepa will be a quality keeper in the future but you just know the English media will ruin him when he makes a mistake. Merson and co will be banging the drum for Chelsea to resign Cech. Prem proven and all that bollocks

Kepa is very calm and composed for a young keeper. But because Bilbao don’t have to sell, Chelsea will be forced to pay the full €80m release clause

I'm happy Allison doesn't have to wear the worlds most expensive keeper going into the new season

• Upvote 1

Maybe we might be looking at Fabinho partnering VvD in the short term. Looked more than comfortable when he dropped back there.

Let's not forget that Lovren isn't injured.  He's just not trained yet.  Don't think he'd take much to get up to speed and play Sunday if needed.

Even after all the money Wolves have spent, they’ve just broken their transfer record to sign Adama Traore. The ultimate one trick pony. He can run really fast and that’s it. He’ll get to the byline but then have absolutely no clue what to do. He could win them a couple of corners.

The modern day Steve Stone

Might put a £1 on him today for goal of the season.

More assists than an octagenarian midwife.

He looks the business. Footballer's footballer. Doesn't look the quickest - like Alonso -  so will be interesting to see if he has Xabi's speed-of-mind to flourish at the top level.

• Upvote 1

We are one injury to VVD away from being fucked for the season.

As you were.

I sort of agree with your opinion, but would point out that we now have Boris Becker in goal, and so I wonder if our defence without Van Dijk may be able to survive a title bid, just, perhaps.

I would like us to revisit the transfer reservoir, see if we can get a young buck from somewhere who can do something akin to what Virgil does, but I fear it may be futile. That Akanji looks a terrific prospect, but we missed the boat for £16m, other than that we're looking at lads like Sarr, or Upamacano, or Skriniar, and these are £40-£60m defenders.

Yes we might lose Van Dijk, but City could lose De Bruyne, etc.

Suggests Chelsea may be out of the running for Fekir. Also, Everton are trying to loan Zouma. Surely not with Usimov funding a last minute buying spree.....

Dominic Fifield

Kepa Arrizabalaga is due in London this afternoon to undergo a medical with Chelsea ahead of a world record transfer from Atletic Bilbao after the Spain goalkeeper’s £71.6m buy-out clause was triggered earlier this morning. Kepa will be joined at Stamford Bridge by the Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic, who is expected to complete a one-year loan move later today as he seeks greater game-time. That could conclude Chelsea’s incoming transfer business in this window, though other players could yet depart. Thibaut Courtois is expected to travel from Belgium to Spain to complete his own £35m move to Madrid, signing a six-year contract, having been absent without leave from Cobham all week. The Belgian international has entered the final 12 months of his deal. Meanwhile, there is interest from Milan in Tiemoue Bakayoko, while the likes of Danny Drinkwater and Tammy Abraham have attracted enquiries from fellow Premier League clubs seeking to bolster their ranks with loanees ahead of Thursday’s 5pm cut-off.

I sort of agree with your opinion, but would point out that we now have Boris Becker in goal, and so I wonder if our defence without Van Dijk may be able to survive a title bid, just, perhaps.

I would like us to revisit the transfer reservoir, see if we can get a young buck from somewhere who can do something akin to what Virgil does, but I fear it may be futile. That Akanji looks a terrific prospect, but we missed the boat for £16m, other than that we're looking at lads like Sarr, or Upamacano, or Skriniar, and these are £40-£60m defenders.

Yes we might lose Van Dijk, but City could lose De Bruyne, etc.

Are you saying City losing De Bruyne is akin to us losing Van Dijk ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk