You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Ha, ha, ha! That tickled me so much I switched out of mobile mode to rep it. Can’t believe no one else has. Bad mingebags.

Dave has made some more of his famous ‘alterations’ and as a result, after I switch skin and rep someone the site kicks me out.

There’s only so much a man can take. Tell him to bring back the rep function on the mobile skin. Maybe he’ll listen to you.

We could still do with a decent defensive left back as cover for Robbo. The Moron causes problems in defence every time he plays because the rest of the defence have to cover for him. Not to mention the free kicks, penalties and goals the prick costs us.

It seems Klopp has a blind eye when it comes to him and the other liability Achterberg

Real tried to sign him in January but wanted to pay his release clause in instalments. Bilbao said no and he signed a new contract with a bigger release clause. Other than that I don’t know anything about him and have never seen him play.

Looking like Fekir might be on his way to Chelsea, Kovacic on loan too as part of the Courtois deal. If Fekir has really set us heart on us, I wonder if Klopp might go back? He’s been left out of Lyon friendly v Chelsea tonight.

I doubt he's been left out of the friendly. He only returned to training yesterday so you wouldn't really expect him to play.

There’s a never a “as much as I hate the mancs” in my vocabulary Ronnie. I’d happily see the cunts go under tomorrow. I know what you’re saying about Barca and Real but I’d much prefer it being the mancs having to fend them off rather than us.

The English game is getting too rich for them though. The offer is laughable really. The mancs don’t need the money and Mourinho is no Klopp. He doesn’t give a shit about disharmony. He’s probably loving it. It’s hard to understand what Barca are doing really. Maybe they think if they came in with 100m then that’s the starting point whereas if they come in with bullshit offers then United will feel happier to accept 100m. They’re deluded if they think that’s the case, especially this late in the window. Would be great to see Pogba refuse to play though.

Fair point. Yeah in hindsight i'd rather he fucked off but i do hate the big two in spain.

If Chelsea pay that for Kepa they are mental.

I remember we were linked I think it was Klopp's first summer, maybe? I took a look at some of his stuff then, he was rated just above average for La Liga in terms of xG saved (pre-shot data, I don't have access to post-shot stuff). Videos made him look pretty good but again, we're not talking Oblak/Alisson/De Gea here.

He is probably an improvement on Courtois (who's actually been pretty average the last 2 seasons) but it's marginal and that is insane money for him. Surely they could have just gone and offered £30m for Strakosha or something and gotten a player just as good for less than half the money.

Anyway, all of a sudden Alisson looks a right bargain. I just wonder if his fee hasn't done to the goalkeeper market what Neymar did to the overall market last summer. Crazy.

If Chelsea pay that for Kepa they are mental.

I remember we were linked I think it was Klopp's first summer, maybe? I took a look at some of his stuff then, he was rated just above average for La Liga in terms of xG saved (pre-shot data, I don't have access to post-shot stuff). Videos made him look pretty good but again, we're not talking Oblak/Alisson/De Gea here.

He is probably an improvement on Courtois (who's actually been pretty average the last 2 seasons) but it's marginal and that is insane money for him. Surely they could have just gone and offered £30m for Strakosha or something and gotten a player just as good for less than half the money.

Anyway, all of a sudden Alisson looks a right bargain. I just wonder if his fee hasn't done to the goalkeeper market what Neymar did to the overall market last summer. Crazy.

Needs must and all that, there are very few quality keepers about. Last I heard Atleti were looking to sign him if anyone came in for Oblak. I must admit I've never seen him play.

You hardly ever go wrong making the market. We've made the market with Van Dijk and Alisson. It's pretty much the only guarantee of success in football. It's the ones that get caught in the slipstream and get rinsed for players like Maguire and Kepa that need to worry, not us.

You hardly ever go wrong making the market. We've made the market with Van Dijk and Alisson. It's pretty much the only guarantee of success in football. It's the ones that get caught in the slipstream and get rinsed for players like Maguire and Kepa that need to worry, not us.

*Coughs* Pogba

I look back fondly at more innocent days for football, when price tags hadn’t gone absolutely insane.

You could get an Andy Carroll for just £35m back then.

We could have bought him twice for what we paid for Becker. I know who I'd prefer.