You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Not fit to lace Alexei Lalas' boots!

Anyone else find it really annoying that his surname is pronounced Pulisick rather than Pulisich like it almost certainly was supposed to be in the first place. Friggin' ignorant Americans. Probably!

I really like Fekir and right now he’s probably going to have a bigger impact than Pulisic. However, Pulisic has a higher ceiling, and his knee is yet to have blown out.

He's certainly more versatile because of his speed. Fekir's end product is excellent though and he's a top class free kick taker, which is actually something we are still really missing. Pulisic hasn't shown anything end product wise yet over any length of time.

We basically have a less speedy, but bigger and more powerful version of Pulisic in Curtis Jones, who I think might have the best chance out of any youngster to make it at Liverpool. I think with a bit of luck if he's given the opportunity and we don't sign an attacking mid, he's an outside chance to do something of a TAA in that advanced 8 position later in the season.

To be perfectly honest I don't know why we weren't in for Malcolm at the price he went. Bargain for a fantastic talent, and is genuinely someone who is good enough to actually push someone like Mane for his spot. Despite Shaqiri being brought in for cover, we still only have Mane and Salah as the only players with the speed to really stretch the defense and play the exhilarating way we counter which cannot be replicated when they are not in the team.

• Upvote 1

First time I seen that Jones’s last night. Very impressive. He at least has the tools to play upfront for us unlike Solanke, Sturridge, Lallana, Ings and any other shite I’m forgotten.

Its our 5th preseason game (he's played in all of them) and he's been at the club since he was a kid. He also played for Gerrards u18's most of last season.

For a guy who goes on like he knows something what the fuck are you actually watching you whopper

Its our 5th preseason game (he's played in all of them) and he's been at the club since he was a kid. He also played for Gerrards u18's most of last season.

For a guy who goes on like he knows something what the fuck are you actually watching you whopper

Not a bunch of kids that 99 percent of will end up in the lower leagues.

From the Echo....

Borussia Dortmund would apparently require a fee in the region of £60m for Christian Pulisic this summer.

I’ll be amazed if that’s what he’s available for.

Also, I think Klopp has given assurances to the likes of Wilson and Brewster that he won’t sign young talent ahead of them, at least until they’ve had a chance in a Red shirt.

If we got Pulisic for £60 million we'd be set for the next few years. Salah, Mane, Firmino, Pulisic and Shaqiri with Wilson, Brewster, Solanke and Jones coming through would be the best attacking options we've had in a very long time.   

We'd suddenly be very deep on attackers, which we've not been in the modern era, really.

Already agreed terms apparently. Fenerbahce wanted him but a Turkish football website says they still owe us a loan fee for him and Liverpool refused to sell him there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/turkish-football.com/liverpool-winger-lazar-markovic-set-complete-move-greek-giants-told-find-new-club-super-lig-move-looks-unlikely/amp/

We will get fuck all for him. One of the most disappointing signings of recent times. Thought he was a good player at Benfica and he played well in the Europa League when they got to the final. Just seemed to lose everything as soon as he signed.

Already agreed terms apparently. Fenerbahce wanted him but a Turkish football website says they still owe us a loan fee for him and Liverpool refused to sell him there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/turkish-football.com/liverpool-winger-lazar-markovic-set-complete-move-greek-giants-told-find-new-club-super-lig-move-looks-unlikely/amp/

We will get fuck all for him. One of the most disappointing signings of recent times. Thought he was a good player at Benfica and he played well in the Europa League when they got to the final. Just seemed to lose everything as soon as he signed.

And it all started so well with him giving up his first class seat on the plane to that bird.

Markovic had one spell for us at RWB from December 2014-March 2015 where he looked like he could be a useful player, really unorthodox player was never as quick as advertised and hardly had any guile to beat a man. Has a great touch and was a decent passer, mad how we never took that money from Watford last year.