You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

From the Echo....

Borussia Dortmund would apparently require a fee in the region of £60m for Christian Pulisic this summer.

Speaking to Sky Sports his father Mark Pulisic said: “There’s always change. You can think one thing, then you do it, and at the end of the day it wasn’t the right thing.

“Football is crazy. You have to go with the flow and make sure the player feels comfortable, whatever the decision is. There’s no magic formula. Is it right to stay at Dortmund? Who knows. Is it right to move to another club? He might think it is, or someone else might think it is, but it might not be in the player’s mind.

“The only thing we can do is continue to talk with him and make sure he’s always in the loop of what’s going on, present all the facts and the content of what can happen, or will happen. It’s up to the player to make that final call.

“The Premier League is a league where he’s always aspired to be in and play in. As a player nowadays, there are so few players staying at one club throughout a career, the chances of him moving to different clubs and leagues is a high probability.”

Supposed to be a big summer for Spurs though isn't it? All the talk beforehand was of how Poch needed backing and they had to break their financial structure to keep him.

Maybe it's down to the good business that we've done, but I haven't really paid any attention to other teams' transfers. Have Spurs signed anyone of note?

One for the shitness of modern football thread but he'd help with marketing and exposure in the US where football continues to grow.

From the little I've seen he does look very good and he seems a good fit. I can see us not wanting to spend anymore though so could be dependent on sales.

Supposed to be a big summer for Spurs though isn't it? All the talk beforehand was of how Poch needed backing and they had to break their financial structure to keep him.

Maybe it's down to the good business that we've done, but I haven't really paid any attention to other teams' transfers. Have Spurs signed anyone of note?

No. They’re talking about Jack Grealish being their big summer signing.

They seem to have concentrated on increasing the contracts on the likes of Kane and Son so far , but the way the Prem is these days you can't stand still at all or you get swallowed up. Not been linked with too much quality , only to that partying blert with the naff hair at Villa.

Nobody yet. Of their supposed targets the Grealish deal seems to be stalling, United won't sell Martial to a PL club, Palace have set the price for Zaha too high, De Ligt also priced out, and Pulisic hasn't really given any indication he'd move just yet.

They're also looking to sell some as well, like Dembele and Alderweireld, although the latter may end up staying.

Manchester City are operating on a different, money-roided level to the rest, but we seem to have been a lot more efficient so far than Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs in terms of bringing in who we want in time for at least some pre-season.

Haven't paid much attention to Arsenal but they have an unbalanced squad and a huge amount of ground to make up on the rest.

Pellegrini has brought in a lot of good players at West Ham. Could be a tricky start to the season for us. 

Rafa has been absolutely shafted at Newcastle again. Why on earth is he still there?

The Newcastle fans love him like we used to do which I think he appreciates. Can't see it working unless Ashley knobs off though. Fans have started a campaign # if rafa goes we go

Only saw a quick glimpse of an interview on a tv in the pub last night but Rafa looked a lot leaner.

Manchester City are operating on a different, money-roided level to the rest, but we seem to have been a lot more efficient so far than Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs in terms of bringing in who we want in time for at least some pre-season.

Haven't paid much attention to Arsenal but they have an unbalanced squad and a huge amount of ground to make up on the rest.

Pellegrini has brought in a lot of good players at West Ham. Could be a tricky start to the season for us.

Rafa has been absolutely shafted at Newcastle again. Why on earth is he still there?

Mate of mine said he was up at Newcastle earlier on in the year. Apparently there is something in his contract where if he has to leave early he would have to pay the final year out of his own money.

Ashley won't sack him because he's too tight. Rafa will see this year out without any new signings of note. Ashley is a bell end who isn't interested in competing to get into Europe because it will cost money.

Mate of mine said he was up at Newcastle earlier on in the year. Apparently there is something in his contract where if he has to leave early he would have to pay the final year out of his own money.

Ashley won't sack him because he's too tight. Rafa will see this year out without any new signings of note. Ashley is a bell end who isn't interested in competing to get into Europe because it will cost money.

I read somewhere that it would cost £6m in compensation to get him. Would barely buy a half a Danny Ward these days.

No. They’re talking about Jack Grealish being their big summer signing.

That's the kind of signing that reminds me of us in previous years. So glad it isn't.

Nobody yet. Of their supposed targets the Grealish deal seems to be stalling, United won't sell Martial to a PL club, Palace have set the price for Zaha too high, De Ligt also priced out, and Pulisic hasn't really given any indication he'd move just yet.

They're also looking to sell some as well, like Dembele and Alderweireld, although the latter may end up staying.

Those two are probably sitting on high-ish wages I guess, and Levy likes to have a tight grip on that side of things. The window ending early could be an issue though.

I know his fitness isn't what it once was, and he's on the wane, but I'd love Dembele here.

Pulisic will end up at United.

He's surely a good investment for any big club even from a marketing leech's perspective. 

Not exactly a deep pool, but he's already the best footballer from the USA I've ever seen.

That said, I always had a soft spot for Tony Meola because of his name. It sounds like somebody who spends his days answering questions with a shrug and a, 'What ya gonna do?'

He's surely a good investment for any big club even from a marketing leech's perspective.

Not exactly a deep pool, but he's already the best footballer from the USA I've ever seen.

That said, I always had a soft spot for Tony Meola because of his name. It sounds like somebody who spends his days answering questions with a shrug and a, 'What ya gonna do?'

Jozy Altidore is the greatest American soccerballer of all time...

That's what John Parrott calls his fellow snooker buddy - Tony Meo la.

• Upvote 2

Not fit to lace Alexei Lalas' boots!

Anyone else find it really annoying that his surname is pronounced Pulisick rather than Pulisich like it almost certainly was supposed to be in the first place. Friggin' ignorant Americans. Probably!

Yes Pul-ease.

Pulisic is rapid as well, isn’t he? Plus his leg isn’t in danger of falling off.

Yep -- he is quick. Good now, could grow to be very good.

That said - someone should forward Luke Boltons name to the our front office guy Cheek E. Bid.

Plays anywhere on the right side - good quality - vveerryyy quick.